No more prime rib?

kevin1551

22 minutes ago, randomcruise said:

I don't see prime rib and I don't know if it's a fluke, but the Celebrity app is showing many of the previous "Signature" selections being restored on the current menus for today's Jan. 29th sailing of the Beyond and for next weeks Feb. 5th sailing of the Beyond.  

Perhaps someone in management finally looked up the word "Luxury", after all, they are calling themselves a Luxury line. 

image.png.a3f2532084f90beff1f38613d89dbc0d.png

I am not sure that "Homesytle Porkchop" or "Spinach and Ricotta Ravioli" are considered "Luxury" food. Nor is "Roasted Trout" "Lemon Pepper Chicken" (I picked up on of those at Walmart the other day). "Turkey Parm"  Rather than luxury, it is like eating over someone else's house. Whatever happened to the JVS meatballs? Garlic Fried Rice?

We are entertaining guests on Tuesday night. They will be on the Feb 3 Millie cruise with us. Here is Tuesdays menu:

Cocktails = Dark and Stormy, Tito's Vodka with soda and cranberry juice
Appetizer= Key West Pinks Shrimp Cocktail
Main Course= Wagu Picannah, grilled red peppers, roasted green beans, baby potatoes with garlic and parsley
Dessert= Grilled Pineapple with Vanilla Ice Cream

Let X serve something like this, less the wagu of course.
  • Like 2

I wonder if the smaller ships are being treated like the stepchildren. No one on Beyond or Apex seem to have concerns with dining room,etc. I suspect between the pandemic and the cost of building and maintaining the new ships that may be the reason for all of the cost cutting measures. I am not a foodie and much of the food in the specialty restaurants is lost on me but at least have some quality meat in the MDR. They have better meat at the Carving station in the OV at lunch. I went on cruises in Nov and Dec and will be going again in 2 weeks. I have been underwhelmed so far. Let's hope the third time is a charm but I'm not counting on it. X should not be branding themselves as a Luxury line.                                  

20 minutes ago, Keys Kathy said:

Perhaps someone in management finally looked up the word "Luxury", after all, they are calling themselves a Luxury line. 

I am not sure that "Homesytle Porkchop" or "Spinach and Ricotta Ravioli" are considered "Luxury" food. Nor is "Roasted Trout" "Lemon Pepper Chicken" (I picked up on of those at Walmart the other day). "Turkey Parm"  Rather than luxury, it is like eating over someone else's house. Whatever happened to the JVS meatballs? Garlic Fried Rice?

We are entertaining guests on Tuesday night. They will be on the Feb 3 Millie cruise with us. Here is Tuesdays menu:

Main Course= Wagu Picannah, grilled red peppers, roasted green beans, baby potatoes with garlic and parsley

Is it spelt "wagu" on the menu?

1 hour ago, Keys Kathy said:

Make that Wagyu! Don't ask me "Y" I left it out!

• Like 1