Adventure Ocean Club info needed

First time bringing grandchildren 2 and 6.  We are sailing Wonder of the Seas in May.  Please share any info you have from experience and or links to information  YouTube didn't have much, just a 3 minute video.

Thanks in advance

I have not used this service myself, but from what I have found online the cost is around $6 per hour in the daytime and $8 per hour in the evening. I'm not sure if these prices are current though as most postings were from a couple of years ago, but this should give you a general idea.

• Like 1

I took my 6 year old on a holiday cruise. She loved the kids club. They were open on sea days from 9-12,2-5 and then 6:45 to 10. If you wanted them to stay after 10pm, there was a $7/hour charge. You had to pick them up by 1am. On port days, they were open 9am to 5pm and gave the kids lunch. And then from 6:45 to 10, same as sea days. 

• Like 1

Anticipating taking my now 1-year old grandson on a future cruise, I looked into this on my last cruise: 

- The 2-year old can only go into the baby room, which costs $7/hour (I think they said it's about to go up to $8.  This room did not look particularly fun, but they do have a toy check-out program, which seemed like a good idea. 

- Kids 3 and up can go into Adventure Ocean, which looked great and carries no cost (until ... 10:00?).  It was bright and cololrful, and the staff offers structured programs /games for the kids.  The screens by the elevator allow you to look into the Kids' Compasses, and I saw that one day they had a Boys vs. Girls game tournament and on the last evening they had a pajama party.  I saw the staff taking the kids into the Windjammer for dinner, and I liked the way they had the kids in a line /an adult at each end -- and the staffer in the front was walking backwards /singing to the kids.  A couple times I walked past the big glass windows, and the kids always looked like they were having fun in the kids' club.  

- Don't forget that kids who aren't fully potty trained can't go into the pools ... but they have a great kids' splash area.  

- Wonder has a great kids' playground, mini-golf and other things that'll keep kids entertained ... with you.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, nimbex1970 said:

First time bringing grandchildren 2 and 6.  We are sailing Wonder of the Seas in May.  Please share any info you have from experience and or links to information  YouTube didn't have much, just a 3 minute video.

Thanks in advance

Starting at Post #77 are some photos

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, zaylyn2590 said:

I took my 6 year old on a holiday cruise. She loved the kids club. They were open on sea days from 9-12,2-5 and then 6:45 to 10. If you wanted them to stay after 10pm, there was a $7/hour charge. You had to pick them up by 1am. On port days, they were open 9am to 5pm and gave the kids lunch. And then from 6:45 to 10, same as sea days. 

What types of activities did the kids do?  My son is 8 and my daughter is 6.  My husband and I are taking them on their first cruise.  We are sailing on RC Freedom for a 3-day cruise to see how they like the cruise experience.  

15 hours ago, lindsay1204 said:

What types of activities did the kids do?  My son is 8 and my daughter is 6.  My husband and I are taking them on their first cruise.  We are sailing on RC Freedom for a 3-day cruise to see how they like the cruise experience.  

Like arts and crafts, played games, played with toys. 

My kids loved AO.  We chose to take them after we had dinner with them- but you can arrange for them to have dinner at AO sometimes.  My daughter (nearly 23 now) was just talking yesterday about a little girl from Mexico she met at AO and even though they did not speak the same language they were besties for the cruise and cried the last night together LOL.  We were also looking at the old pirate parade pictures from when my son was around 5.  Over 10 years ago and they still bring smiles to all of us!

My experience was that they keep them very busy with age appropriate games, activities and crafts.

• Thanks 1