Help with Pre-cruise Miami hotel with parking..

Warm-Water Diver

First off apologize as it seems this is a very popular topic but I searched and came up emtpy?

First time ever driving to port and considering staying at a hotel night the night before that allows us to park our car for the duration of the cruise. Was thinking it would be much easier than driving the 3.5 hour trip day of and paying $22/day to park at the port of miami and might be nominally more expensive that just paying for the pakring?

Cruise departs this Sunday January 22nd

Full Thanks in advance...

Hotels very close to the Port Of Miami charge thirty to forty dollars plus per night to leave your vehicle while you cruise. Some hotels in the Blue Lagoon area near MIA charge less. You would have to contact the hotels directly for pricing. You normally also have to stay there at least one night too.

In season, a hotel very close to the port could easily run $400 to $500 per night plus parking, taxes, and maybe a resort fee.

Especially for a reservation made within a few days of the planned stay.

Your other option is to use two one-way rentals; drop the first one off downtown and shuttle to POM, the second one gets you home.  Compare the cost of parking to the cost (and hassle) of two rentals.

A few hotels out near the MIA airport offer parking deals.  La Quinta East is the budget option most often suggested.  Factor in the approx $30 cab ride to the port and another cab ride to get back to your car.

Yea, I don't see the big savings. Any amount saved in not parking to the port would be eaten up with just a hotel stay. I do think it is easier and less stressful to drive in the day before regardless. But I would not focus on trying to save $5-$15 a day. Then you also need to figure out transport to and from the hotel where your car is. 

A early morning drive with plenty of time to get to Miami should do the trick.