CARNIVAL VENEZIA April 05 - 15, 2024

noelea626

Just booked.  I hope we survive the drive into Manhattan and get to the parking lot okay.  It has been a while since I have driven into NYC.

Really cheap price for an inside.  Couldn't pass it up.  It has been 10 years since we have sailed Carnival.  Ship Looks great. 

Good morning everyone, first time Carnival cruise.  We usually do NCL.  There will be four adults with us.  We are from New Brunswick and Newfoundland Canada.  Is anyone doing any excursions?  I was just looking them over.  Do you all book them on the ship or are you brave and just find a company at the dock?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Sportingmom15 said:

Good morning everyone, first time Carnival cruise.  We usually do NCL.  There will be four adults with us.  We are from New Brunswick and Newfoundland Canada.  Is anyone doing any excursions?  I was just looking them over.  Do you all book them on the ship or are you brave and just find a company at the dock?

Good morning to you!

Two days ago, my dad and I booked a JetSki shore excursion from Carnival's website for Half Moon Cay. We don't book excursions very often, but whenever we consider them, we usually book online in case spots sell out quickly (which has happened - especially on Royal) before we go on-board. Luckily you can cancel for a full refund up to two days before your cruise departure in case you find out weather conditions may not be comfortable. We NEVER book activities with 3rd party.

I don't mean to go off-track on you, but do you plan on doing any specialty dining reservations too? I booked online too (in favor of my parents' anniversary) in case time slots sell out before getting on-board (I noticed some slots got closed out too).

If anyone was planning on booking a spa treatment - you can get 20% off select ones until the 14th.  I paid $114 for a 50 minute massage (not bad for a cruise spa) since it was already cheaper bc I booked on a port day, and they still took the 20% off.

IMG_3680.jpeg

On 2/7/2024 at 10:37 AM, Sportingmom15 said:

Is anyone doing any excursions?  I was just looking them over.  Do you all book them on the ship or are you brave and just find a company at the dock?

Through Carnival, I just booked "Mountain Views And City Sights" for Amber Cove. 

On 2/7/2024 at 11:37 AM, Sportingmom15 said:

Hey!  Fellow New Brunswicker here....and I love me some Newfies! LOL  Where in NB are you?  I'm just outside of Fredericton 🙂

We are on this sailing also!!

We haven't booked any excursions yet.  For us, it depends on the island and length of time in port.  If I know we have tons of time, I will book separate from the cruise line, but if time is short, we go through the cruise line.  We've been on some Caribbean islands where if our transportation crapped out on us, I am sure we could've walked back to the ship on time 😉

Edited by trphil

Hello All, this is my first Carnival cruise, but not my first cruise, looking forward to sailing on the Venezia, usually I get off the ship and book a local bus tour, the only one I am interested from Carnival in Dominican Republic is the Tour with locals: sightseeing and lunch, if you read the reviews everyone says the highlight is visiting the orphanage, sadly it is often cancelled because they cannot get 5 people! I hope we can get enough people so I can go and bring toys and school supplies for the children

Laura, Montreal, Canada

Have not been on Carnival for decades.  We usually cruise on Royal or Norwegian.  Wife and I used to cruise three or four times a year, but have not since covid.  Ready to get back to our favorite vacation vehicle. 

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

Hi, all!  We are regular cruisers on several cruise lines, but this is our first on Carnival.  Frankly, we've been a little concerned by some of the Carnival reviews we've seen, but we want to give it a try and decide for ourselves.  This ship looks beautiful.  It was formerly a Costa ship, and we like Costa, so this should be good!

On 2/7/2024 at 10:37 AM, Sportingmom15 said:

Is anyone doing any excursions?  I was just looking them over.  Do you all book them on the ship or are you brave and just find a company at the dock?

We are inconsistent.  If we find an excursion that looks especially interesting to us, we will book it.  Most of the time, though, we make arrangements with someone on the pier.  We've been to all of these ports before.  This time we're bringing someone who will be here for the first time, so we booked Top 10 Best of Nassau and Rainbow Calypso Island Tram.

Good morning! Excited to Set Sail on the Venezia in April and exploring the city of NYC. We are 4 ladies from Las Vegas and Southern California for our yearly cruise trip. Looking forward to Beaches, Ports, Sunshine, snorkeling if available and lots of R & R on the ship. 

On 1/11/2024 at 2:34 AM, KatPem said:

We have used it with no issues. We downloaded the Carnival Hub before we left.  It was really handy to know what the menus were each night.  For $5 per person you can message eachother on the HUB and that is for the entire cruise, not per day.

• 2 weeks later...

Carol, I collected 25 or more names for a past cruise. No meet & greet materialized during that trip, although I did meet one of the travelers on board. I would suggest the second day during lunch. The first day is usually pretty hectic. If interested, please respond and we can start the process. 

340lwpD688:  Sounds great for a M&G.  Second day during lunch or any other time or  meeting place would be OK.  You can put me on the list - Carol/Roy ... Flemington, NJ ... Carol & Roy

On 2/6/2024 at 2:24 PM, Rob-Bob said:

Just booked.  I hope we survive the drive into Manhattan and get to the parking lot okay.  It has been a while since I have driven into NYC.

Really cheap price for an inside.  Couldn't pass it up.  It has been 10 years since we have sailed Carnival.  Ship Looks great. 

I don't know if you considered doing a one-way car rental to and from the cruise. Avis and Enterprise have places that are walking distance from the terminal. (three blocks). I drop my wife and luggage off at the pier then drop the car and walk back.

On 3/11/2024 at 10:52 AM, 340lwpD688 said:

I don't know if you considered doing a one-way car rental to and from the cruise. Avis and Enterprise have places that are walking distance from the terminal. (three blocks). I drop my wife and luggage off at the pier then drop the car and walk back.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I did consider it but decided I didn't want the work/hassle of renting the car.  We are driving 5.5 hours on the 4th and driving 1.5 hours into NYC on the 5th.  Hopefully it will go smooth and we prepaid the $315 for parking at the pier.

Since the sail date is kind of hectic, I proposed meeting at lunchtime (12:30) in the buffet area. I will have a Cruise Critic sign of some form or other to identify myself. Others are on board with this effort.   Thanks for asking.

On 3/20/2024 at 12:07 PM, 340lwpD688 said:

Since the sail date is kind of hectic, I proposed meeting at lunchtime (12:30) in the buffet area. I will have a Cruise Critic sign of some form or other to identify myself. Others are on board with this effort.   Thanks for asking.

What day is this exactly for the meeting?