Explorer Officers & Staff

flossie009

• 4 weeks later...

Boarded Explorer yesterday in Bali so am now able to answer my own question 😉

1A35B525-0625-42FB-9A0C-11562C35D000.thumb.jpeg.6fbefbef70969c4a2f42ffe681e7d8ca.jpeg

A new Production Cast joined the ship yesterday and there will be further staff & crew changes when we arrive in Singapore next weekend.

On 1/16/2023 at 9:11 PM, Pcardad said:

If you call Regent, they will let you know 60 days out.

The Regent U.K. office did not have the information. They emailed Miami and after ten days, and further chasing, some limited information was obtained 🙄

6 hours ago, DeepFreeze63 said:

Thanks Flossie.

I don't recognize anyone of these names (despite 23 Regent cruises). I'd love to hear your thoughts on the staff and crew performance during your cruise, in light of all the previous drama about the NZ and Aussie cruises.

Enjoy,

Jim C.

In fairness having read the Regent Facebook page the passengers may have been unhappy with 'Regent' and missing the ports but the views seemed to be that the staff were amazing.

I was on that little fiasco - enough said on that topic! The Sydney to Bali was excellent and the captain came out of hiding.  Staff,  was just fine.  Shared a few great laughs with the wine crew and bartenders.   I will say the lead guys in Chartreuse and Sette Mare, always found us a second seating,  but tried to discourage more than a few times.   I didn’t have this behavior on prior cruises or in Prime 7 or Pacific Rim.  Never met Andy or Dru, before,  but the winner was Andy.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, irishwitchy said:

I was on that little fiasco - enough said on that topic! The Sydney to Bali was excellent and the captain came out of hiding.  Staff,  was just fine.  Shared a few great laughs with the wine crew and bartenders.   I will say the lead guys in Chartreuse and Sette Mare, always found us a second seating,  but tried to discourage more than a few times.   I didn’t have this behavior on prior cruises or in Prime 7 or Pacific Rim.  Never met Andy or Dru, before,  but the winner was Andy.  

Who (and what position) was (is) "Andy"?

Thanks

On 2/14/2023 at 9:46 PM, DeepFreeze63 said:

Thanks Flossie.

I don't recognize anyone of these names (despite 23 Regent cruises). I'd love to hear your thoughts on the staff and crew performance during your cruise, in light of all the previous drama about the NZ and Aussie cruises.

Enjoy,

Jim C.

Yes, most of the names were new to us as well.

So far everyone has been very pleasant, efficient & helpful; certainly up to the Regent standard we expect to enjoy 🙂

On 2/15/2023 at 3:52 AM, Techno123 said:

In fairness having read the Regent Facebook page the passengers may have been unhappy with 'Regent' and missing the ports but the views seemed to be that the staff were amazing.

Obviously the hotel staff & crew would have had no say in the decisions being taken regarding itinerary changes and I am sure that the additional sea days placed extra pressure on their services.

Hopefully guests did not vent their frustrations unduly on those who had no influence on the difficult situation.

It does appear that the extra sea days & missed ports has had the knock-on effect of some supply shortages; but we understand that a large loading of F&B stocks will be made in Singapore - docking there tomorrow pm for an overnight stop.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, DeepFreeze63 said:

Who (and what position) was (is) "Andy"?

Thanks

Andy was a CD before and retired, but regent got him back his wife tammy is also involved onboard.  He was really good.  I guess many CD did their tutelage under him including David Nevin.    He was missed on the second leg.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Updated list of officers & senior staff now on Explorer:

EB1CC6BE-4467-489B-AB2C-DFA3F0881005.thumb.jpeg.61344a0137df5cfece383792d9201b0a.jpeg

Andreas joined as GM in Bangkok two days ago

The major crew changeover in Singapore last week was carried out seamlessly.

The new Production Cast is very good; a couple of trainers on board doing final rehearsals with them prior to their first performance of each show. Two members of the previous production cast have stayed on board for two segments to run the games to allow the new cast to find their feet.

There is also a new duo (keyboard & vocalist), Glitz Duo, who are good to listen to in the Explorer bar and on deck.

Also new speakers & guest entertainers 🙂

• Like 2