Maya Chan Refund

absdad63

When we got aboard our ship, we were informed that our Costa Maya visit had been reduced by a few hours.  We decided we no longer wanted to spend the money to go to Maya Chan.  I emailed them and got a pleasant reply, and a full refund, within 10 minutes.  I will definitely do business with them the next time we are in Costa Maya.

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, clackey said:

Good to hear.  We are booked for 1/30 and our ship doesn't dock until 1:00.  I have been wondering if I should cancel? 

A lot depends on ship time vs local time. We wouldn’t do a late arrival again.

We tried to take the last taxi back to maximize time. It was late and left us scrambling to get back on board in time. Also our biological clock really didn’t enjoy lunch halfway through the afternoon. Just not the same experience as normal. YMMV.

Edited by c-leg5
  • Like 1

I made a reservation for April, but asked ahead of time - if the waterslide park reopened, our teens would want to go there instead (this may be the last cruise we do with both of them for a while), so would we be able to cancel? They said definitely, yes, no problem (I think they preferred before the ship sailed?), so I was also impressed with how flexible they were. They also said the waterpark was having trouble finding enough staff to reopen...

I feel like they probably have a wait list since they are such a popular place.

Edited by jbrinkm
added

I checked the weather prediction for our stop in Costa Maya and it is calling for rain.   In fact it showed 99% chance for Jan 30.  I emailed Maya Chan this morning and canceled.  I had my refund this afternoon.  I'll be back next chance that I get.

I've posted on here (and others have disagreed with me) that my family didn't really care for Jaime's. Our experience wasn't BAD, but just didn't feel worth what we paid. My biggest complaint is that we felt squished all day, not relaxing. And food, while good, was slow, along with drinks. I'm going to try to find my prior post about it and put it here.

8 minutes ago, gamblinmon said:

jbrinkm, thank you

trying to decide where to go when in port.

Jamie's

Mayan Chan

El Fuerte

My opinion is that it depends how long your port stop is and time of day. Also ship time vs local time, regarding your biological clock and whether AI is worthwhile. 

A lot depends on the ambiance you are after.

Isn’t el Fuerte and Jamies the same? I haven’t actually been to Jaimie’s so can’t really comment specifically but have been to Mahahual numerous times.

Edited by c-leg5

Here is my summary of the day we had at Jaime's:

I think it would have been nicer for us if it hadn't been such a crowded day there. But I'm not sure I'm a fan of the Mahuhual/Malecon beach "clubs" in general. If we don't end up enjoying Maya Chan and the waterpark doesn't reopen, we'll probably not get off at this port again (or we'll choose sailings that don't go here...)

2 hours ago, jbrinkm said:

Here is my summary of the day we had at Jaime's:

I think it would have been nicer for us if it hadn't been such a crowded day there. But I'm not sure I'm a fan of the Mahuhual/Malecon beach "clubs" in general. If we don't end up enjoying Maya Chan and the waterpark doesn't reopen, we'll probably not get off at this port again (or we'll choose sailings that don't go here...)

I think Costa Maya is probably a difficult port with teenagers unless you are willing to experience a cultural excursion to the ruins, perhaps combined with local Mayan experience  or with, or exclusively, a day at Bacalar with watersports.

Also have you considered fishing and cooking your catch?

Edited by c-leg5