MSC World Europa Dec 22 2023

lfcpeter

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/17/2023 at 5:27 AM, lfcpeter said:

We will be boarding this ship for Christmas and staying on for New Year (29/12/23). This ship looks very special. First time cruising at Christmas.

We are booked on this cruise too, but we start the cruise in Rome (Civitacchia) on Dec 18th.  We'll be off the ship on Christmas Day.  Right now, there are 5 of us, but might be 8 to9 at the end of this weekend.  We have done Christmas cruises with many cruise lines like Royal, Princess, Carnival, etc...  The price difference between the Dec 18th vs Dec 22nd is almost double.  We won't be coming home yet though because we are still touring Europe.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
22 hours ago, lfcpeter said:

Traveling on Christmas Day would feel like I’m missing out on a special day on the ship. But I’m sure the excitement will get you through the day

We will see all the decorations and festive atmosphere when we get on board. Flying out a few days earlier so we will see some of the local festivities. Done so many Christmas and New Year cruises that missing the morning of one will not be a problem. No Christmas Jumpers to wear walking around the ship.

We had the same idea. Spending a few days in Barcelona before we board the ship. I’m not sure how much the ship will be decorated due to its a Italian company and reading past guests on MSC Christmas Cruises. I’m sure it will still be fun to be on the ship.

13 hours ago, lfcpeter said:

We had the same idea. Spending a few days in Barcelona before we board the ship. I’m not sure how much the ship will be decorated due to its a Italian company and reading past guests on MSC Christmas Cruises. I’m sure it will still be fun to be on the ship.

MSC do decorate for Christmas, this was on the Seaside in the Yacht Club, and the rest of the ship was made festive. Barcelona is one of our favorite cities, and have spent many days there. It has some hidden gems that need to be looked for.

SeaSide0180.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/18/2023 at 11:32 PM, lfcpeter said:

Traveling on Christmas Day would feel like I’m missing out on a special day on the ship. But I’m sure the excitement will get you through the day

I agree with you.  

Due to some schedule conflicts, we have change the sailing to start in Barcelona on Dec 22nd.

I ma technically traveling alone.  My friend has her own family and there are 3 of them.  I don't expect to hang out with them all the time except for lunches dinners, and excursions.

Have anyone book their flight yet?

Seems pretty high coming from the west coast.

On 5/19/2023 at 9:41 PM, danny8826 said:

Have anyone book their flight yet?

Seems pretty high coming from the west coast.

We have booked our flights 24th December - Heathrow to Rome, prices are rising so booked early to take advantage of a British Airways offer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Refined Rob said:

We have booked our flights 24th December - Heathrow to Rome, prices are rising so booked early to take advantage of a British Airways offer.

We are flying from SFO (San Francisco) to BCN (Barcelona) to board the ship on Dec 22, 2023.

The price is about $1289 for basic economy. 

• Like 1

We are boarding in Palermo on Dec 19. So excited to be in Rome on Christmas Day! We cruised the southern Caribbean last Christmas week. It was so wonderful that we decided to do it again. Make sure you bring a few door Christmas decorations!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Okcruisefan said:

We are boarding in Palermo on Dec 19. So excited to be in Rome on Christmas Day! We cruised the southern Caribbean last Christmas week. It was so wonderful that we decided to do it again. Make sure you bring a few door Christmas decorations!

Oh good, more people joining our group.  I always like going on a Christmas cruise.  The ship and  people are always so festive.

11 hours ago, danny8826 said:

We are flying from SFO (San Francisco) to BCN (Barcelona) to board the ship on Dec 22, 2023.

The price is about $1289 for basic economy. 

Ours was a bit cheaper, £1400.00 for the 5 of us from UK to Rome. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Okcruisefan said:

Flights are cheapest on or before December 13th so we are extending our trip from the central US for 6 days in Italy before embarking. RT flights will cost us about $750 each. 

That is a good price, are you onboard for New Year as well ?

No. We embark in Palermo in December 19 and disembark on December 26. Considering we don’t live near a US hub airport, it’s an excellent price! We will fly into Venice or Milan and take a local flight to Palermo for about $100 RT. 

Not Europe yet. But I am big on planning ahead. I love stretching the dollar to get the most adventure for our money. My husband’s family is from Sicily so this is a dream trip for him. Don’t want to miss a thing 🙂

You will enjoy it, every port has so much to offer, lots of history and culture. We are boarding on the 25th till the 1st Jan, looking forward to it. We are off to Japan in 3 weeks on the Bellissima, so we have to get over that cruise before we make plans for this one (we have been doing the Med since 1973 so I think we will have it covered).

11 hours ago, Okcruisefan said:

Flights are cheapest on or before December 13th so we are extending our trip from the central US for 6 days in Italy before embarking. RT flights will cost us about $750 each. 

That's quite cheap.  $1289 for basic economy.  I am thinking of just doing a carry on and avoiding over packing like I did with the last trip.

I am traveling with a friend's family so pretty much, I am a solo traveler.  I hope to meet new people and make new friends as I have done on many European cruises. 

We are embark in Barcelona on 12/22 and disembark on 12/29 then we'll fly to Porto, Portugal.  I love Portugal.  A few weeks ago, I was in Lisbon and have been to Lisbon twice.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, NewYorkCruiser1976 said:

Just decided to book this cruise with my cousin! Haven't done MSC in about 10 years...I admit it's really different from Norwegian and Royal, but the dates really work out for us and a Christmas cruise for this price is pretty amazing.

We have done a MSC Miraviglia in 2018.  The only thing we weren't impress with is guest services and the food.  I have been watching a lot of videos and seems like the food is getting better.  

Have you book any excursions?  I have booked my shore excursions as well as internet package.