MSC World Europa Dec 22 2023

lfcpeter

17 minutes ago, ziginnj said:

Hello all. Excited to meet you. We are a family of three from Pennsylvania. We are bringing our seven year old son! First Christmas cruise. Beyond excited. 

Hello,

This thread is quiet.  I have seen videos and MSC is very good with kids.  I saw a video where the family sign up the kid for a kid clubs and receive load of things like a backpack, toys, etc...

It will be very festive I am sure.  

I think the hop in and hop off looks good. 

47 minutes ago, lfcpeter said:

Hi all

just started doing my research for Barcelona as we are staying 3 nights before our cruise. Looked at public transport Bus/Metro and what to see at this festive time 

2 hours ago, ziginnj said:

I think the hop in and hop off looks good. 

Yes, Hop On and Hop Off Bus is good.

This would be our 4th times to Barcelona so we are not planning to fly in earlier.  We are flying in the night before and staying at a hotel by the airport.

On 7/24/2023 at 4:51 AM, danny8826 said:

We have done a MSC Miraviglia in 2018.  The only thing we weren't impress with is guest services and the food.  I have been watching a lot of videos and seems like the food is getting better.  

Have you book any excursions?  I have booked my shore excursions as well as internet package.  

We have cruised with MSC on various ships over the past few years, and the food is improving. Excursions we have not booked any, we have been to these ports many times so we will be doing our own sightseeing. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Greygooser said:

Hi folks! Like another poster, I will be joining on December 18th and disembarking in Rome on Christmas day. Some great prices on Yacht Club deluxe suites right now IMO. Looking forward to the cruise and spending Christmas in Rome! 

Are you cruising by yourself?

7 minutes ago, Greygooser said:

No, I will be with my family. I've got a bad habit of forgetting to use "we" when discussing my upcoming trips!

I am the same.  I am actually traveling with my best friend who always been cruising with me for many years and this time, I am also bringing another friend and her family who hasn't been to Europe at all.  

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I agree, very quiet, too quiet. Something is brewing in the background, people are saving their energy for the cruise. 

Just making arrangements for transfers from airport to port, and return.

Not long till we are all on board, and ready to party.

6 minutes ago, Okcruisefan said:

We are American and boarding in Palermo on the 19th. Super excited and very busy planning our week in Europe before the cruise and the one week cruising. Anyone taking the Rome tour through MSC?

Tour with MSC, when we normally visit Civitavecchia (Rome), we either take the train in ( very cheap) and then HOHO bus around the city. Or we have hired a minivan (lots of them at the port) that will take you on an all day tour of rome. The minivan / people carrier last time cost $200 for 6 of us, and they took us everywhere we needed to go to. The drivers are great and know all the back streets of Rome so you do not miss anything. 

3 minutes ago, ziginnj said:

I read the train is not running in the winter. Is that not true? I saw your comment. Any idea?

Just checked with trainline and they state that they are running and very cheap. 

btw, how was the F1, did you manage to watch it ? hear it ?

Screenshot 2023-11-23 120607.png

2 minutes ago, ziginnj said:

Rob- I’m so glad you posted this. We booked a tour and I was not excited about the bus ride. I am looking at train options now. Thank you. 
no longer in vegas. Brother is there. Said it was awful. Locals were upset. 

Glad to be of service, we have used the train before, as you exit the dock gates and walk towards the station there is a small shop on the left that sells discounted train tickets. Might not be there anymore, it was a few years ago. But the train prices are cheap and the trains are pretty nice, and double deckers (see image). We are boarding on the 25th, so we will pop into Rome on the 24th. 

So no longer in Vegas, it has changed a lot since I first visited in 1982. Been there a few times, did a video of changes https://youtu.be/YP0yrghanKY .

Hope to meet up on the cruise, if not have a great one.

Xmas2010_0958.JPG

Rob- thanks again. One question. 
it says we get there at 9am. What is the earliest train you would suggest?  You think we need to prebook train? Look for two guys and a seven year old. That’s us!

Edited by ziginnj

11 minutes ago, ziginnj said:

Rob- thanks again. One question. 
it says we get there at 9am. What is the earliest train you would suggest?  You think we need to prebook train? Look for two guys and a seven year old. That’s us!

From the ship there is normally a shuttle bus to take you to the port gate, then it is @ 15 - 20 min walk to the station. It is how quick you can get off the ship, we are in the YC so we can get off really quick. I would book just to be on the safe side, after 10.00 I would suggest - in Rome by 11.00 ish.