Anchorage Hotel close to Train and Airport?

tempoct

Hi,

Need recommendation for basic hotel room in Anchorage. We will arrive around late 10p by AKRR on Sunday and we will leave on Monday morning, so basic clean room is more than sufficient.

I'd prefer the hotel that close (or has shuttle service) to both AKRR station and Anchorage airport because I will pick up a rental car on the next morning and heading to Palmer/Wasilla area.

I'll stay only 1 night.

:)

The Comfort Inn at Ship Creek provides a shuttle service from the airport (at least according to their website) and the train is within walking distance. I have not stayed there but have found great reviews and plan to stay there. It's only a 2 star but Trip Advisor rating is a 3 1/2 out of with 8 reviews - http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g60880-d73684-r2522919-Comfort_Inn_Ship_Creek-Anchorage_Alaska-m10782.cink_html.

They also have a military rate available if you quailify. Go to www.choicehotels.com and search Anchorage.

we stayed at the Comfort Inn Creek Ship last year and it was a very clean, nice hotel, they picked us up at airport and then took us to railroad, you could walk, very close. They had a great breakfast in the morning, I would stay there again .

Tempoct,

We are in the situation. I found Hawthorne Suites has both shuttle from Railroad Station and to Airport. Call direct to hotel rates very reasonable.

We just booked the Hawthorne Suites for $106 including (12%)tax. They are in a good location and have 24hr shuttle service from the Airport via Courtesy phone and free shuttle service to the train station.

We get into Anchorage airport at 12:30AM and leave on the train at 8:00AM. I had booked the Anchor Arms for $68 but AKSusan and others on the board said it was in a bad part of town. $106 is alot for six hours but . . . better safe than sorry !

Archived