Food and dining on P&O ships

Tablelamp

1 hour ago, Fraann said:

It’s cheaper if you pre buy at home. On Arvia it was £11.50 on board for the beach house but £9.20 booking ahead. Then loyalty discount applied. I assume Arcadia works to the same system, £15 on board, £12 pre booked. 

We couldn't prebook for Arcadia last year,the planner kept saying booking would open two weeks before,for the last two weeks that changed to enquire on board!

5 hours ago, snaefell said:

We couldn't prebook for Arcadia last year,the planner kept saying booking would open two weeks before,for the last two weeks that changed to enquire on board!

We had the same problem - but it then opened for pre bookings a few days before we cruised last year.  Suggest you keep checking the planner.  

We had three meals in Ocean Grill (on an 18 night cruise) - the first was simply superb; the second extremely poor - hugely disappointing for my wife's birthday ; and the third just about ok.  Bit of a mixed bag overall.  Not sure why things went downhill (other than it became much more popular as the cruise went on and perhaps they struggled to cope with the numbers). 

We also had three meals in Sindhu - excellent (and fairly quiet).  the only problem with Sindhu is there is a limit of how often I want to eat Pan Asian food, which is why I am still hoping they may add a further speciality restaurant when they do the refurb later this year.  

Enjoy     

1 hour ago, Cheshire Blue said:

We had the same problem - but it then opened for pre bookings a few days before we cruised last year.  Suggest you keep checking the planner.  

We had three meals in Ocean Grill (on an 18 night cruise) - the first was simply superb; the second extremely poor - hugely disappointing for my wife's birthday ; and the third just about ok.  Bit of a mixed bag overall.  Not sure why things went downhill (other than it became much more popular as the cruise went on and perhaps they struggled to cope with the numbers). 

We also had three meals in Sindhu - excellent (and fairly quiet).  the only problem with Sindhu is there is a limit of how often I want to eat Pan Asian food, which is why I am still hoping they may add a further speciality restaurant when they do the refurb later this year.  

Enjoy     

I even tried the morning of sailing day but it still was a no go.

Interesting,we went to the Ocean Grill 3 times,first & last were superb,on the middle one our main course seemed to take a scenic route & was ages arriving,the staff seemed very embarrassed & went overboard(no not literally!),trying to make amends offering us as many desserts we could cram in along with liquers!

Similar experience with our 2 Sindhu visits as yourselves,but yes it would be nice to see another choice on board,we are back on her next May with a good amount of OBC to spend so another choice would be nice!

happy cruising!😎