Anyone know or have a picture of the "free" tea available?

fndecker

My wife drinks tea like I drink mixed drinks on a cruise. She likes Rooibos, Whit Tea, Green Tea, and some specialty teas. She hates Earl Grey. Would you have an idea of what teas are available on the Scarlet Lady and where to get them?

8 minutes ago, fndecker said:

My wife drinks tea like I drink mixed drinks on a cruise. She likes Rooibos, Whit Tea, Green Tea, and some specialty teas. She hates Earl Grey. Would you have an idea of what teas are available on the Scarlet Lady and where to get them?

Twinings brand English breakfast, Earl Grey, Green Tea, chamomile, Peppermint, and Decaffeinated English breakfast are available at the Galley hot beverages areas. There are other premium teas for purchase at the Grounds Club. 

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

There is also an afternoon tea service in Sips on sea days, 1-4, no reservation needed.  A choice of 1 of the premium teas is included.  But there is an upcharge for the afternoon tea.  $19 without bubbles and I think $39 with bubbles.  Nice selection of savory and sweet nibbles too.  The gally tea is tea bags, the premium teas are loose leaf.  Sorry, I did not capture the list of premium teas.  I think it was a varied list of black, green and herbal.  Lesson learned last time on VL, they don't always list the afternoon tea in the daily activities.  But it was still available on sea days.

• Like 1

Kwokpot nailed it.  On our WBTA, they also had normal Lipton tea bags in The Galley some of the time.  I think the supply of English Breakfast was running low because it became "spotty."  English Breakfast was available in regular and decaf all the time for the first week of the cruise.

7 hours ago, cantgetin said:

Kwokpot nailed it.  On our WBTA, they also had normal Lipton tea bags in The Galley some of the time.  I think the supply of English Breakfast was running low because it became "spotty."  English Breakfast was available in regular and decaf all the time for the first week of the cruise.

and as we are all a little bit naughty... you can in the afternoons make your own tea in the Galley and collect a cake or 5 from "The Sweet Side", and make your own afternoon tea 🙂 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, fndecker said:

You guys are the best. Is that little teapot next to the sink what they give you to brew it in? Is it a press or infuser, or a screen at the top you pore through?

I ordered a jasmine earlier today and unfortunately I didn't see how he brewed it. But the end result is in a take away cup, in other words they brewed it and then served it to me already brewed , so no 2nd cup. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fndecker said:

You guys are the best. Is that little teapot next to the sink what they give you to brew it in? Is it a press or infuser, or a screen at the top you pore through?

The little teapot is what they use to brew it in if you order from The Grounds Club and is what Ship Eats brings the leaves in when you order premium tea from room service.  If I'm remembering correctly, it is a screen that the tea is poured thru to serve.  The leaves are in the pot at the bottom, and they brew in the pot.  Then the liquid goes thru the screen at the top into another cup to drink.  Grounds Club serves it in a foam type take away cup.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cantgetin said:

The little teapot is what they use to brew it in if you order from The Grounds Club and is what Ship Eats brings the leaves in when you order premium tea from room service.  If I'm remembering correctly, it is a screen that the tea is poured thru to serve.  The leaves are in the pot at the bottom, and they brew in the pot.  Then the liquid goes thru the screen at the top into another cup to drink.  Grounds Club serves it in a foam type take away cup.

I do want to add that the takeaway cup was a tall, large cup so it was probably all the tea that was brewed in that teapot. It was more than twice the size of the flat white. 

On 1/20/2023 at 12:41 PM, fndecker said:

That's the good thing about teabags. It is so easy to take a few of your own when on holiday, just in case.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, yarramar said:

That's the good thing about teabags. It is so easy to take a few of your own when on holiday, just in case.

After one of my favorite lines quit carrying my favorite product, (they have since added it back...maybe I wasn't the only one complaining), I learned to always bring a box of what I want "just in case"  regardless of what anyone tells me.  If the ship has what I want, I'll leave my box in my suitcase and have it back at home.  If not, I won't be unhappy for a week or two while on board.  

• Like 1