Vegetarian in the Haven

Monica887

I'm a vegetarian and the Haven menu options are limited. What can I reasonably request to make the most of the Haven restaurant? Food from the MDR? A specialty restaurant? How would that work? 

If I go once it's fine, but if we used it more often it would get boring very quickly. 

Upon arrival speak with the Haven maitre d' and he/she will work with you and the chef to accommodate you. The chef may even come out and speak with you directly. I'm sure you will be offered more than only a couple of selections. It's one of the reasons I love the Haven.

• Like 1

Another vegetarian mentioned on the boards asking and receiving permission to use the moderno salad bar.  They said it was the best (it’s really good for meat/sushi eaters but otherwise I’m not actually sure).  Maybe you could look at it and see first?  It didn’t strike me as being amazing for vegetarians, but i have 3 small kids so I wasn’t paying that close attention.  

also please note the Indian/Asian/ethnic food is the best food in the buffet, and quite a bit of that is vegetarian.  Maybe the haven butlers could provide you with that too to try?  Some of it is bad but some of it is really good so I don’t know if you’d want to travel all the way to the buffet just for that but maybe the haven can provide it for you since when the chefs make authentic dishes from their homelands it’s  usually really good.  

Edited by kitkat343

6 hours ago, Coastalbreezes said:

Upon arrival speak with the Haven maitre d' and he/she will work with you and the chef to accommodate you. The chef may even come out and speak with you directly. I'm sure you will be offered more than only a couple of selections. It's one of the reasons I love the Haven.

There are so many people who don't speak up for fear of being "...one of those people..." then those same people will come to the forum and complain that nothing was done for them. 

6 hours ago, Monica887 said:

What can I reasonably request to make the most of the Haven restaurant?

For the OP, speak up and ask for suggestions or even ask for requests. It's your vacation and you're in the Haven. You're not asking for the moon and the stars (some Haven guests do ask for that, however). You're asking for a simple accommodation for your dietary preferences. 

• Like 1