Responses from Celebrity?

D C

12 minutes ago, randomcruise said:

Don't know if it's a fluke, but the Celebrity app is showing many of the previous "Signature" selections being restored on the current menus for today's Jan. 29th sailing of the Beyond and for next weeks Feb. 5th sailing of the Beyond.  If those are menus are accurate/real, it is a very welcome response from Celebrity.

We will have to see.

They just updated my menu.  Sirloin and tilapia.

Edited by NMTraveller

I too received an email and then the next day a call from the "Executive offices".

My email to "Lisa" was primarily to point out that Celebrity has set expectations

and for the experience to be not at the level they tout, it may cause guests to pay

attention to the " wrinkles and warts" they may otherwise overlook or forgive. 

( Think ships not revolutionized or new.)

Here is an exert from the Welcome letter I just received .

"Once aboard, indulge in all the amenities Celebrity Silhouette has to offer. Savor world-class cuisine in our globally-inspired restaurants".

and

"Until then, let the anticipation begin."

Hmm...🤔 expectations of guests, here we go.

I changed my cruise after changes were announced.  Switched from a Greece Constellation cruise to

a TA on the Silhouette.  Both on my Wish list.  

Hope everyone has an Exceptional Experience on their journeys! Be it by Air, Land or Sea!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Joebucks said:

Some of you are cute in your outrage. Perplexed that your letter didn't receive a personal apology from the CEO, followed by a policy reversal.

Change can happen absolutely based on feedback. However, it's around trends. If it significantly affects their bottom line, they will rethink (probably making different cuts). Stop getting so worked up that your individual feedback didn't change the world. 

Generally, large companies have extensive experience in change management. The majority of changes affect a smaller portion of customers, with a disproportionately larger cost. They know there's going to be backlash. They aren't stupid. They're betting that most either don't care or get over it. The people you are talking to, who you think are going to change the world, are trained to repeat the corporate speak.

Precisely the reason for this thread.  What is the trend in responses from X?  As more people contact them to express their displeasure over changes, it's likely that the talking points given to the call center people may change.  When it starts out, the cognitive bias of the execs will have them continuing to pat themselves on the back for a job well done as they dismiss the small number of comments.  As time goes on, it becomes more difficult to ignore data that is contrary to what you would like.  

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Joebucks said:

Some of you are cute in your outrage. Perplexed that your letter didn't receive a personal apology from the CEO, followed by a policy reversal.

Change can happen absolutely based on feedback. However, it's around trends. If it significantly affects their bottom line, they will rethink (probably making different cuts). Stop getting so worked up that your individual feedback didn't change the world. 

Generally, large companies have extensive experience in change management. The majority of changes affect a smaller portion of customers, with a disproportionately larger cost. They know there's going to be backlash. They aren't stupid. They're betting that most either don't care or get over it. The people you are talking to, who you think are going to change the world, are trained to repeat the corporate speak.

Cheerleaders gotta Cheer!!!😁

Strangely, the Forbes article is also recycled PR, and not even fresh taking into account the current state of the economy etc. Even the sister Royal Caribbean press around cutbacks has acknowledged them of upfront, and then put a spin on them in light of the current situation.  So, Celebrity's response so far has been to absolutely ignore acknowledging the cutbacks in any public manner.  Even McDonald's when they cut menu items makes announcements about it and doesn't hide them.

• Like 1