Sunshine States and New York

k8ti

Hi Scotstravellers,

It is the 1st time Marella have been, might be worth asking again after the 1st lot have gone in May. We have booked the KSC Marella excursion, so would hope we have priority getting off on that day, as everyone has to get off the ship for immigration purposes.

Have a great cruise...

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pink15 said:

The space centre is well worth going to, Atlantis is stunning. But £108 seems a lot. 

I gather adult admission is $75 and then the cost of getting there. I saw elsewhere someone reckoned uber or equivalent $50.  So a lot depends on how many of you are in your party.  1 or 2 adults then probably not much in it.  Also if visiting on changeover day on a ship tour then hopefully will get priority on going ashore.  If booking rivately then there could be a delay in getting ashore.

An UberX(max 4 people)from Port Canaveral to KSC would be roughly $60-$80 return  depending on traffic etc

As you say admission $75 on the day,$64 if you purchase your ticket from the many reliable uk ticket sellers

Edited by Jim The Scot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/24/2023 at 2:25 PM, Scotstravellers said:

I am going on this cruise in May flying from Glasgow. Flying in to Melbourne Airport, according to google its approx 50 minutes transfer.

Hi Scotstravellers

Would appreciate your thoughts positive or negative on your return as we are on the cruise/stay in July also from Glasgow

Received an email yesterday on flight time changes for a 3rd time  but its suits us as its earlier outbound and earlier inbound

Initially outbound 10-50 am,then it changed to 8-45 am and now 7-45 am

Even though we are staying overnight at airport hotel it,ll be a Dark ‘O’ Clock rise for us and miss out on free breakfast but we,ll have access to the lounge at the airport

Every Cloud

Edited by Jim The Scot

• 2 weeks later...

Did a bit of tracking and Discovery left Freeport at 5-30ish yesterday and is   en route to New York a day and 13 hr sailing away so it looks like South Carolina which should have been the 1st port of call will now be the last port after NY before heading back to Port Canaveral

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pink15 said:

So will they still be in NY on the advertised days/times? There will be a lot of people who have booked things independently who will be cross if they can't move them.

Yes,arrived this morning and appears to be docked/berthed at Manhattan Terminal which is a bonus and not Cape Liberty

5 hours ago, Scotstravellers said:

20230517_054541.jpg

20230517_054547.jpg

5 hours ago, Scotstravellers said:

20230517_055610.jpg

Nice pics Scotstravellers,hope your having a whale of a time 

Edited by Jim The Scot
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Itinery has been reversed this coming week as well. Freeport first, Charleston last, do gain a few more hours in NY. It's because the gulf stream is very strong and we would be battling against it if Freeport was last, this way we go with it. 

Saw the rocket launch from the ship last Sunday! An unexpected extra! 

had to do immigration again at key West as we had been out of the country but was done on ship quite quick, although I think there are only about 1100 passengers on. Maybe more coming today as it is bank holiday? 

Cant say I,m happy that the itinerary has been reversed for the sake of a few hours more in NY.Instead of what should have been 2 sea days on tracking the ship its now over 3 days.

Port Canaveral to NY = 1 day 16hrs and NY to Charleston =1 day 12hrs

Good morning everyone. We're booked on the American Dream cruise departing next weekend (11th June). We start and finish in Port Canaveral and I have a question for those who may have recently done a similar trip. Marella are not offering any disembarkation day excursions online (says ask the shorex team onboard): what do you think the chances are of the ship offering a trip to Kennedy Space Center on the day we disembark? Our flight back to Gatwick doesn't leave until nearly 6pm so I think we've got plenty of time, but I don't want to organise something ourselves if they're likely to offer it. Thoughts please? TIA! Nicola