Sunshine States and New York

k8ti

Edinburgh is ok for us as well if we can't get Aberdeen, we've usually done Med but as we're celebrating our 20th anniversary next year decided to do something different and hubby wanted to cruise into New York. We've been on the Thomson ships previously so at last minute decided to bring the celebrations forward, so we could go with Marella.

Not long  now till you're away bey you can't wait. 

Yeah we cant wait

Its been a long time coming as we were booked to go on this in 2020 until TUI scrapped the Dream resulting in them pulling the Discovery from America itinerary  to cover her and cancelling the America schedule so when they relaunched the America cruise for this year we booked it right away.Kinda glad as it seems a one off and only running for this year.

On 7/11/2023 at 9:02 PM, ladyjayneq said:

Jim the Scot

we’ve done it!! Passport arrives tomorrow so got on and booked it tonight.  Got a change of port, Nassau instead of Key West. Now starting to book trips. Two happy bunnies here 😁😁

Nice one L,hope it arrived and good you have managed to get booked

Enjoy the planning

Hi Miller Cruiser

yes, all the others are at Manhattan, but there’s a few ships in when we arrive so I think we’ve been bumped to Brooklyn.

We’ve got the Everglades booked, really looking forward to this. I first heard of them when I read a book called the Ghost of Flight 401, did you do the Big Bus tour in NY,  Just wondering how you get back to the ship?  Did you go to the Kennedy Space Ctr? 

we did the Big Bus Tour it was well worth it ,get on and off where you want , but it gets really busy in the afternoon and there are some long queues to get on ,but it is very well organised, we were in Manhattan so bus picked up outside cruise dock ,got off at the circle line boat trip dock .Enjoy .

1 hour ago, ladyjayneq said:

Hi Miller Cruiser

yes, all the others are at Manhattan, but there’s a few ships in when we arrive so I think we’ve been bumped to Brooklyn.

We’ve got the Everglades booked, really looking forward to this. I first heard of them when I read a book called the Ghost of Flight 401, did you do the Big Bus tour in NY,  Just wondering how you get back to the ship?  Did you go to the Kennedy Space Ctr? 

Hi,

Didn't do the big bus tour. Did the Marella New York, New York tour. Highly recommend it. We also did the Statue of liberty tour on the second day. Also very good.

At night, we walked to Times Square, had a look around, and then walked back to the ship

Well I'm not impressed. I feel that we're being penalised for booking a cruise that doesn't dock in Manhattan.

Message from Shannon at Marella.

Our team have confirmed there won't be any transport in Brooklyn to or from the port offered on this sailing. 

We had booked the Big Bus tour but think we might cancel it and make our own way to the nearest stop. 

1 hour ago, ladyjayneq said:

Well I'm not impressed. I feel that we're being penalised for booking a cruise that doesn't dock in Manhattan.

Message from Shannon at Marella.

Our team have confirmed there won't be any transport in Brooklyn to or from the port offered on this sailing. 

We had booked the Big Bus tour but think we might cancel it and make our own way to the nearest stop. 

There is a Big bus stop near Brooklyn bridge ,not sure how far cruise dock is though, we really enjoyed the bus tour , and the whole cruise would love to do it again .