Radiance - Connecting Balconies not Connecting Rooms

kidstwo2

Is there a way to tell which way connecting balcony dividers open?  I know you can google goccl and type in ship name and determine which rooms have connecting balconies but I am trying to determine which way the balcony dividers open.  We travelled with friends this summer on Pride (rooms 5230 and 5232) and the divider opened toward 5232.  Thanks.

So you want to make sure your friends get their view blocked by the balcony divider and not you?  😁

I've never seen that kind of detail available online, unless you get lucky and stumble across a review someone did for the specific cabins you're interested in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, groundloop said:

So you want to make sure your friends get their view blocked by the balcony divider and not you?  😁

I've never seen that kind of detail available online, unless you get lucky and stumble across a review someone did for the specific cabins you're interested in.

Actually since our friends had theirs blocked the last cruise I wanted to return the favor and make sure we booked the blocked room.  I thought perhaps someone knew of a "standard" sequence based upon room numbers, even/odd, etc....

I can confirm that Carnival Radiance balcony dividers do not open, We have sailed it three times in past year . Waaaay back before the dry dock conversion and name change (the Destiny and Victory) , the ship had a limited  number of boots that could lock dividers to railing vs hooking design method used mostly now. Only time see it open is during balcony washing. 

p.s. those that due plan on how balcony does open on other ships- they open bow to aft usually for wind. Both cabin passengers must be present and agree to have it opened. In past it was a guest services request. 

Edited by Buffettfan 225

10 hours ago, Buffettfan 225 said:

I can confirm that Carnival Radiance balcony dividers do not open

Hi @Buffettfan 225 & @kidstwo2🙂

On Radiance (many) balcony dividers do indeed still open; and yes (some) do not. 

Click on the 'Goccl' link at the bottom. Take a peek through each balcony deck. This was updated (after) the conversion.

Some examples below. 

20230129-134129.jpg

20230129-141345.jpg

20230129-141128.jpg

Carnival Radiance Staterooms/Ship Features@:

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5533/~/carnival-radiance-(rd)-staterooms-and-ship-features

🍹

Edited by ObstructedView2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2023 at 10:58 AM, ObstructedView2 said:

Hi @Buffettfan 225 & @kidstwo2🙂

On Radiance (many) balcony dividers do indeed still open; and yes (some) do not. 

Click on the 'Goccl' link at the bottom. Take a peek through each balcony deck. This was updated (after) the conversion.

Some examples below. 

20230129-134129.jpg

20230129-141345.jpg

20230129-141128.jpg

Carnival Radiance Staterooms/Ship Features@:

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5533/~/carnival-radiance-(rd)-staterooms-and-ship-features

🍹

On 2/11/2023 at 9:36 PM, Buffettfan 225 said:

Thank you- must be new for them, last year they refused. We sail in a few weeks can verify and hope get “right answer” lol. 

Thanks for taking time to post. Smooth Sailing All. 

I look forward to your update.  Enjoy your cruise!

• 3 weeks later...

Just off Carnival- Radiance and three times got same snswer regarding opening balconies to connect.

Twice got same answer guest services, then asked room steward so her is what Answer was:

We can only open balcony dividers when docked in Ensenada only due to safety. 

So basically one day. 

side note- Just off this am ship cleared at 7:15am. As platinum pulled out of parking lot 7:22am. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Buffettfan 225 said:

Just off Carnival- Radiance and three times got same snswer regarding opening balconies to connect.

Twice got same answer guest services, then asked room steward so her is what Answer was:

We can only open balcony dividers when docked in Ensenada only due to safety. 

So basically one day. 

Hi @Buffettfan 225🙂

What was your cabin number?

🍹

1 hour ago, Buffettfan 225 said:

just off & posted balcony divider answer  update 

Thank you so much for the update Buffettfan 225!  At least we know it CAN be done.  If you don't mind me asking what was your itinerary?  Or length of cruise?  I am wondering if they just don't want to bother on shorter cruises?? We will be on the 15 day cruise to Hawaii so hopefully they won't try to use safety.  We were on the Carnival Pride for 21 days in Europe this past summer and they opened ours for the entire time.  It is so helpful to hear others experience.  

52 minutes ago, kidstwo2 said:

We will be on the 15 day cruise to Hawaii so hopefully they won't try to use safety.  

Safety can be an issued on any length cruise or itinerary.

Safety covers a wide range of issues besides behavior such as weather and fire hazard.