Another Miami parking question

aviators99

Just wondering if there is any benefit, other than price, to parking at the port over Uber?  If you park at the port, is there a delay since everyone is leaving at the same time?  Or is it reasonably quick to get out?  Also, I've been reading about a "free shuttle" from parking to the terminal.  How far away is it?

I have not gone out of the terminal Celebrity uses in Miami so I can't speak to that specific parking garage but leaving terminal A a couple of weeks ago was a breeze especially since we walked off.  We had a 12+ hour drive and were able to get an early start.  When we drive, we always park at the port for the huge convenience of your car being right there at the end for a quick exit.

• Like 1

We were at POM last week for an MSC cruise, and were at a surface lot there.  Because of where we had to exit the parking lot, we ended up looping around and it look us 20 minutes to get out.  LOL.  When we parked there for our X cruise, I don't remember it taking nearly as long--we were in one of the garages and that was easier to get out.

In Miami, the parking garage is quite literally across the street from the X terminal.  There's a traffic officer there to make sure traffic stops for the crosswalk  The garage entrance is on the back side of the garage, BTW.  If you follow the signs (and your phone) as you leave, you can be on the interstate in a very few minutes.  Waiting to pay went quickly too.

Edited by goofysmom99
  • Like 1