Theme nights in MDR

Megan_Strick

I was looking on the RC boards and they are going to change the MDR menu to theme nights. For example, Mexican one night, Italian one night, etc etc. I would HATE that. What if I wasn't in the mood for Mexican that night? Is that a way to push the specialty dining? What are your thoughts and I wonder if Carnival plans on following?

I'm going to throw out an educated guess that their MAIN entree/appetizer/dessert options will be whatever the theme is, however, they will likely still have at least some other options available for those who don't want whatever the theme is that night. It would be asinine to not do it this way. 

I would be up for theme nights as I'm not a terribly picky eater and can always find something appealing to me. Worst case, you always have the buffet and room service, and whatever other dining options are onboard that ship.

• Like 1

I am on a Journeys Cruise right now. Las night they had a Mexican themed night which was  not up to par for  a number of reasons I won't get into. But they still had the salmon, steak, and chicken options they always feature as an alternative. 

1 hour ago, mz-s said:

Carnival used to do that pre-COVID with the American Table menus but they always had selections that stayed the same. Carnival has actually moved away from theme nights.

Did  Carnival do  away  with the  ports  of  call  section . I  think   that  was  Carnivals  answer  to  give  a  theme . I kind  of  liked  that  strategy  because   you  could  order  the  special apetizer  , entree  or  drink  .

8 minutes ago, sra12574 said:

Did  Carnival do  away  with the  ports  of  call  section . I  think   that  was  Carnivals  answer  to  give  a  theme . I kind  of  liked  that  strategy  because   you  could  order  the  special apetizer  , entree  or  drink  .

Yes     they                  did                 .