Booking directly through Princess.com

serfergurl

Please reread my comments. The travel agents would not discount my booking because the cruise price went up again on Monday morning from the price I booked for on Saturday evening. Princess would have transferred the booking to a TA based on the higher rate. Since I already booked at a lower price they were left without a margin to discount.

When your TA tells you she'll discount ANY price, she'd have taken a loss on this booking. Which, of course, she may do to keep your biz if you're a high revenue client.:)

This isn't correct. When you lock in the price with Princess - you can keep that booking and rate and transfer it to any agent (locked in at that price). So, it doesn't matter if the price went up - you are locked into that price. My TA would not have taken a loss in your situation. I have done this a lot and the price has gone up after I held the booking many times.

Archived