Question on Visa reward points

bbfgator

Hello - I have 2 cruises booked currently, but I booked with TA not directly with RCCL.  Can I still use visa reward points to apply towards payment?  The category would be "Discount off Any Royal Caribbean Cruise (shared)".  I'm thinking I can't as I don't know how TA would get payment but thought I'd ask.  Thank you.  I tried talking to Bank of America and Royal and reps seemed unsure.

I don't think you can.  That's why I book directly with RCI--to earn points using my RCI cc and when I want to redeem.  If you can pay RC directly, then maybe you could, but if you have to pay TA, I don't see how it would work.

OP - yes you can. I always book with a TA and I have always used reward points to reduce to cost of the cruise. Once the dollar value is applied, the TA will see the cost reduction and bill accordingly once final payment is due. I used a certain TA for years and had no problem. I switched to a new TA this year and also had no problem.

30 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

OP - yes you can. I always book with a TA and I have always used reward points to reduce to cost of the cruise. Once the dollar value is applied, the TA will see the cost reduction and bill accordingly once final payment is due. I used a certain TA for years and had no problem. I switched to a new TA this year and also had no problem.

Thank you cruiseguy1016 - I think I will reach out to my TA to be certain it won't be a problem for him.  But what you say totally makes sense to me :).