Snorkeling in shipwreck area

shiny1

On 1/26/2023 at 8:52 PM, shiny1 said:

Has anyone snorkeled in the area where a shipwreck is located?

Doing an excursion with Nieu Statendam and have heard mixed reviews. Also heard the water is a bit rough. Any info is appreciated!

Thanks!!

Are you referring to the Antilla Shipwreck close to the Boca/Arashi area or the Kappel shipwreck by Mangel Halto?

1 hour ago, shiny1 said:

Yes the Antilla shipwreck. I was trying to get info and feedback on how rough the water is in that area. I read that it is rather rough. Thank you for responding!!

We did the sea bobs out to it one day when we stayed in Aruba and yes, the water was super rough and it was hard to get to IMO. The water was cloudy and you really couldn't see much or very far down for that matter. You had to dive down with our seabobs to get closer to see anything. You can find my review HERE of that day.

We did another trip on the Pirate ship and they dropped us off right at it and it was a better day and a little clearer that day but still sometimes hard to see unless you dive down. I wouldn't say the water was bad that day as it was before. HERE is that review with pictures so you can get a feel of it. 

Thanks so much for the info. Looks like a great time was had on the Pirate ship!!! 
I don’t snorkel so I would just be waiting for my husband & brother-in-law on the catamaran. If the water is rough it may not be too pleasant waiting. I wouldn’t want to sit there feeling queasy. I read it could be rough so trying to decide if it’s worth it for me to go. I sure appreciate your replies. Thanks!

31 minutes ago, shiny1 said:

Thanks so much for the info. Looks like a great time was had on the Pirate ship!!! 
I don’t snorkel so I would just be waiting for my husband & brother-in-law on the catamaran. If the water is rough it may not be too pleasant waiting. I wouldn’t want to sit there feeling queasy. I read it could be rough so trying to decide if it’s worth it for me to go. I sure appreciate your replies. Thanks!

No problem. Yes! The Pirate ship was an amazing day and our daughters favorite of our trip to Aruba. I highly recommend it if you ever get a chance. 

I hope you have a great time whatever you decide to do. 🙂