ITA Airways seat question

claireruth

We're flying on ITA from MIA to FCO in March.  My husband and I are in business class, and our kids are in regular seating (they're 14 and 17).  My husband and I have seat assignments, but we can't seem to add seats for the kids on their website.  Some seats are taken, so I presume there's a way to do it.  My husband tried calling yesterday and was told that you can only reserve seats 24 hours before the flight, but since some seats are occupied already we wonder if the person he spoke with was wrong.  Should we just try again and hope we get someone that knows how to do it?  We booked through Delta, and Delta said we have to do seats through ITA.

When I try to do it online, this error message comes up which has to be something wrong with their website:

image.png.827af99f0e92f7998caba17b19a88ead.png

This is more appropriate for the Cruise Air board, here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/77-cruise-air/

It sounds like you have booked a "codeshare". You booked through Delta, but the flight is actually operated by ITA. This means you are subject to ITA's rules, not Delta's. ITA may have rules on paying extra for early seat selection...I don't know.

Usually, you need the ITA booking number (a 6 character identifier for your reservation) (NOT Delta's, but ITA...you may have call Delta, or dig around in the Delta booking and/or website to find it). Once have it, go to the ITA website and follow directions there on finding out your flight status, using the ITA record number and your last name.

5 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

This is more appropriate for the Cruise Air board, here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/77-cruise-air/

It sounds like you have booked a "codeshare". You booked through Delta, but the flight is actually operated by ITA. This means you are subject to ITA's rules, not Delta's. ITA may have rules on paying extra for early seat selection...I don't know.

Usually, you need the ITA booking number (a 6 character identifier for your reservation) (NOT Delta's, but ITA...you may have call Delta, or dig around in the Delta booking and/or website to find it). Once have it, go to the ITA website and follow directions there on finding out your flight status, using the ITA record number and your last name.

Oh, thanks!  I didn't realize there was a board for that...I'll repost there.

Yes, it is a codeshare, and we have both booking numbers, but I keep getting that error I included in my post.  I can pull up the flight, I just get that error when I try to do anything.

Edited by claireruth

Just now, claireruth said:

Oh, thanks!  I didn't realize there was a board for that...I'll take down this one and repost there.

Yes, it is a codeshare, and we have both booking numbers, but I keep getting that error I included in my post.  I can pull up the flight, I just get that error when I try to do anything.

I would start looking around the ITA weand see if they have a fee to assign seats in advance.