Tarot afternoon tea

jameslee

On my cruise it was "Tea with the Charmer."  We chose to be seated in the lounge area as we weren't interested in paying for the tea.  One member of our group actually became our "server" and went to The Galley to get tea bags and cups of hot water for us.  We sat around having a nice chat, and "The Charmer" came by and did his magic for us.  He also invited us to a secret event, took our room numbers, and the tickets were delivered that afternoon.

There was no charge for the charmer program.  The only charge was if you wanted to have the tea with pastries served for $19 or champagne for $35.  Absolutely no pressure to do the paid tea.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jameslee said:

Anyone here tried the afternoon tea? Are the pastries the same as found in the dining hall or are they different

The pastries are different--special made for the afternoon tea...but not all of them seemed very fresh.  That, and the fact that I don't need more food, is why I won't consider it again.

10 hours ago, jameslee said:

Anyone here tried the afternoon tea? Are the pastries the same as found in the dining hall or are they different

We found the afternoon tea among the best of any cruise line. Most of the time it's pretty weak finger sandwiches or the same pastries you can get at any venue. For our afternoon tea on Scarlet, it was really enjoyable. We'll be doing it again on our two upcoming sailings this year. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, WheresWalter said:

We found the afternoon tea among the best of any cruise line. Most of the time it's pretty weak finger sandwiches or the same pastries you can get at any venue. For our afternoon tea on Scarlet, it was really enjoyable. We'll be doing it again on our two upcoming sailings this year. 

Thank you, you review has swayed me into trying next time on board.

• 1 month later...
44 minutes ago, HugeMuscleGeek said:

Can this be booked in the app prior to boarding? My other half loves doing high tea and we don’t want to miss out. 

Nothing can be booked prior to boarding except for dinner. Brunch and shows can be booked once onboard. 
Afternoon tea I don’t think can be booked. But it’s never seemed busy in Sip lounge so you almost certainly will get a table if you really want to do it. 

Personally I don’t see the point paying for it when there is already plenty of good food onboard, you can go to the Galley food court and they have a large counter of patisserie anyway. 

• Like 1

We had Magic Afternoon Tea during our cruise without doing the tea service bit.  A group of about 8 of us, mostly strangers, went down to see what the event was about (since we knew about the paid tea).  We were offered seating in an area away from the paid tea.  One man went to The Galley and came back with disposable cups of hot water and an assortment of tea bags and fixings.  We sat and talked, and The Charmer came by and did some magic for us....and we all got invited to a secret event later in the cruise.  It was a really nice time.  As above, the last thing I needed was more dessert!

• 6 months later...
3 hours ago, waterwoman123 said:

Does anyone know what brand and types of tea are available on board in the specialty teas? In the regular “free” teas? 

The free ones are usually American Twinings envelope tea bags.

Speciality is loose leaf Jojo tea.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, warmwinds said:

Does the cost of Afternoon Tea come out of Loot or the Bar Tab?

We had a Tarot Reader for one of our daughter's birthday parties when she was a teen, the girls loved it.

Usually bar tab.

Tarot is only done by one of the “Charmer” magicians, usually it will be a standard magic act on board, it depends who they have recruited into the role at the time.

Bar tab will be used first.  If you've already spent your bar tab, it will roll over to loot, then to credit card.  You BOOK it on the app, but pay it at Sip,  Also, you are welcome to attend without doing the high tea if you don't want the food and stuff.  We stumbled onto this on our first cruise, before all the bar tabs.  There is a separate seating area for people who aren't getting the food.  The Charmer came over and did his magic bit, then took our room numbers for an invitation to a "secret" event.

It was actually fun....someone made a run to the Grounds Club and came back with water, tea bags, sweeteners, etc....and we enjoyed the tea only without MORE food.  All people I hadn't met before.