Kids club on the pearl

sboston06

Can someone who has sailed recently on the Pearl confirm the kids club is open? I had been reading through reviews and heard it was closed but the post was from last spring so might have just been pandemic related. My daughter is 6 so kids club is a huge priority!

Thanks 🙂

I haven’t seen anything officially but according to google, it was closed last year from January to June for several reasons. I am not worried about it at this point as most restrictions seem to have eased. I can update this after my April cruise!

• Like 1

Confirmed open. We were on board in November 2022 for a panama canal cruise. Open and running. Quite funny though because there were literally 16 children on our entire cruise then the next week we heard they were going to be over 500.

Our kiddo only had a few other kids in the teen club, and they were all much older than he was (he’s 13).  He ended up playing video games with the staff members, but he loved the opportunity for the first time “be on his own”

warmest, Amy

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
56 minutes ago, rdmurray said:

I'd love to hear how it goes in April SBoston. Especially for 4 year olds.  I went last year and kids club started at 5. 

So if you see anything about or 3-5s can you let me know?

Yes I will try to remember!

• 5 weeks later...

Kids club is definitely open. We are on the Pearl now sailing back from Bermuda. Our kiddos 6 and 4 loved Splash academy and spent every minute they could there. It was only open for drop off during our days at sea so they missed the Splash Academy team while in Bermuda. They couldn’t wait to see the team/staff again! Everyone was incredibly friendly and kept the kids entertained. The Freestyle Daily said it’s first come first serve so we registered day of embarkation and there was already a line of people waiting when we got there at 4pm when they opened. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 1 year later...

Hello all, especially @rdmurray, kids club on the Gem was great. There were over 700 kids on our sailing so most days they filled up early. Kids do have to be potty trained. My daughter seemed to have fun and there was plenty to do. It was well organized and the staff was friendly. Only complaint is that they were closed on port days which meant we couldn’t enjoy the shows while docked in Bermuda for 3 nights. I understand the reasoning but wish there was a protocol for this. 

1 hour ago, rdmurray said:

Did you just go to Bermuda?  How was the tht Gem?We did end up going last year.  My daughter was so bummed when the club would be closed.  

Thanks!

Haha yes we did. Last year she ended up getting the flu the day before we were due to leave so we had to cancel. We finally got to go this year. I just realized this post is a year old, oops! Hopefully someone will find it useful. Mine was bummed when it was closed too. Would’ve been nice to enjoy the shows on port days!