MPC App app Montreal airport

jy_cruisefan

Hello.

We will be leaving from Ottawa, connecting in YUL, and pre-clearing US customs in YUL on our way to FLL. I have completed and saved the MPC form in the app for both of us.

Is there a separate MPC line at US Customs that goes faster?

Also, when do I actually need to submit the form?Ā I.e. Immediately on arrival in Montreal? When I get to the CBP Officer?

Ā 

Thank you

15 minutes ago, jy_cruisefan said:

Hello.

We will be leaving from Ottawa, connecting in YUL, and pre-clearing US customs in YUL on our way to FLL. I have completed and saved the MPC form in the app for both of us.

Also, when do I actually need to submit the form?Ā I.e. Immediately on arrival in Montreal? When I get to the CBP Officer?

Ā 

Thank you

What is MPC?

6 minutes ago, thon said:

What is MPC?

It is the Mobile Passport Control app that US Customs and Border Control has released in order to expedite the process of filling out a customs form.
Mobile Passport Control | U.S. Customs and Border Protection (cbp.gov)

Edited by jy_cruisefan

Can't help with the MPC question, but last November, having NEXUS gave us a very quick passage through the process at YUL on our way to FLL. Sorry, didn't notice whether there was an MPC line.Ā  If you have NEXUS, its the way to go. If you don't have NEXUS, you should look into it.Ā  NEXUS/Global Entry not only speeds things up here in Canada, it also helps on the return out of the US.

2 hours ago, lx200gps said:

Can't help with the MPC question, but last November, having NEXUS gave us a very quick passage through the process at YUL on our way to FLL. Sorry, didn't notice whether there was an MPC line.Ā  If you have NEXUS, its the way to go. If you don't have NEXUS, you should look into it.Ā  NEXUS/Global Entry not only speeds things up here in Canada, it also helps on the return out of the US.

Thanks.We leave on Friday, so I will comment once we get back. We do have our Nexus interviews in April, so we'll be good for the next time. šŸ™‚Ā 

3 hours ago, jy_cruisefan said:

No separate line, and you submit your form when you arrive at the airport. From the CBP website:

Ā 

After downloading the MPC Application from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store, eligible travelers will be prompted to create a profile with their passport information, including the travelerā€™s name, gender, date of birth, and country of citizenship. Arrival at eligible Preclearance locations or upon landing in the United States, travelers will select their arrival airport or seaport and terminal, take a self-photo, and answer a series of CBP inspection-related questions. Once the traveler submits their transaction through the app, the traveler will receive an electronic receipt with an Encrypted Quick Response (QR) code. Travelers then bring their physical passport and mobile device with their digital QR-coded receipt to a CBP officer to finalize their inspection for entry into the United States.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, jy_cruisefan said:

Thanks.We leave on Friday, so I will comment once we get back. We do have our Nexus interviews in April, so we'll be good for the next time. šŸ™‚Ā 

Have a great trip. Looks like we're a week behind you, we head to FLL the following Friday. Good news on getting NEXUS, it really is worth it.The NEXUS priority security lines, TSA Precheck etc, have saved us massive amounts of time, you won't regret spending the few dollars it costs (especially if your credit card pays for it as some do ;o)

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, jy_cruisefan said:

Hello.

Ā 

Thank you

I start to fill the form out before leaving and when I arrive, I submit. You then take a selfie at the airport and there is a separate line up so look for the sign.Ā  The app came out in August 2022 and not many people used the app

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jy_cruisefan said:

Thank you for all of your responses. Much appreciated. With the extreme record cold temperatures expected here tomorrow, hopefully they can still get the planes started šŸ™‚Ā 

Both here and in Montreal!Ā šŸ„¶šŸ„¶šŸ„¶

• Haha 1