Prices Raised Within First 24 Hours

Cruisecyp

9 minutes ago, AtA said:

I asked my TA about the same thing. It's in the contract on their site that there is a $700 pp destination fee. Of course why do we need a destination fee or is this instead of port fees?

Is this on Crystal, website?

2 hours ago, Cheddar Biscuit said:

According to my source, I can tell you that the overall average fare per day, for both ships, albeit using incomplete data for Serenity, for a Double Guest Room with Veranda as an example, are about the same - $554 Symphony and $549 Serenity. On Symphony, the least expensive per day is $370, Istanbul to Venice, and the most expensive is $700, Reykjavik round-trip.

This Istanbul-Venice - https://www.crystalcruises.com/cruises/none-csy-007-230908

It shows $3,500 for 7 nights for OV cabin, not veranda (veranda is $3,700). That's $500 per night, in line with other sailings. Have not seen any lower for any European sailing.

19 minutes ago, Cheddar Biscuit said:

Quite rightly.

It was ten days through September 18 originally. Now it's seven, and there's a three day gap between it and the next cruise, Venice to Rome.

It's hard to know now if it's an error, but I did notice one other three day gap - from October 6 to October 9.

Is the gap so that builders can finish the ship by the end of the year.

29 minutes ago, Cheddar Biscuit said:

Quite rightly.

It was ten days through September 18 originally. Now it's seven, and there's a three day gap between it and the next cruise, Venice to Rome.

It's hard to know now if it's an error, but I did notice one other three day gap - from October 6 to October 9.

All other sailings are $500 a night for the cheapest cabin. It’s reasonable to assume this one is the same.

3 hours ago, peribit said:

I know what a destination fee is at hotels.  But this is being charged by Crystal??

Sorry, many people do not know and my last sentence said it would be a first if Crystal was charging this.  It is probably semantics as they are most likely putting port charges, taxes and fees into a catch all “destination fee”.

4 hours ago, Cheddar Biscuit said:

Quite rightly.

Oct 6 the cruise ends in Venice and Oct 9 it starts in Athens. Sounds more like a charter or marketing cruise.

I think it is a given that dynamic and location-based pricing is being utilized.   It would be nice if there was some transparency and disclosure on the website so we can see which accommodations have a premium attached.  I have seen multiple pricing bands on an Aquamarine Veranda Suite booking but I have no idea which cabins have the more favorable pricing.   Other than figuring out mid-ships are the most expensive I have no clue as to how the pricing is split up.  The deck plan should be amended to illustrate different price bands and to publish those fares.  It would be so helpful to know this information.  My travel advisor wasted hours trying to make a booking only to receive an invoice which showed a fare that was several thousand dollars higher than expected.  We are trying to move the booking to a lesser priced zone but have no idea where along the deck plan the prices shift.  Come on Crystal - please give us the information we need to make informed decisions.  I do not like this guessing game as to how much the invoice will be.   Travel professionals are having such a hard time obtaining accurate information for their clients.  I am a little frustrated and really want to be a part of this restart but without transparency I am losing confidence.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, goldengatecruisers said:

I think it is a given that dynamic and location-based pricing is being utilized.   It would be nice if there was some transparency and disclosure on the website so we can see which accommodations have a premium attached.  I have seen multiple pricing bands on an Aquamarine Veranda Suite booking but I have no idea which cabins have the more favorable pricing.   Other than figuring out mid-ships are the most expensive I have no clue as to how the pricing is split up.  The deck plan should be amended to illustrate different price bands and to publish those fares.  It would be so helpful to know this information.  My travel advisor wasted hours trying to make a booking only to receive an invoice which showed a fare that was several thousand dollars higher than expected.  We are trying to move the booking to a lesser priced zone but have no idea where along the deck plan the prices shift.  Come on Crystal - please give us the information we need to make informed decisions.  I do not like this guessing game as to how much the invoice will be.   Travel professionals are having such a hard time obtaining accurate information for their clients.  I am a little frustrated and really want to be a part of this restart but without transparency I am losing confidence.

I got the same thing!  I do not mind the higher price but I hate the surprise!  It would have been nice if they are upfront and honest about pricing and what is not included.

• Like 1