Taxi time from Havensight to ferry at Red Hook

philv

Hi Folks, What is taxi time from Havensight to Red Hook? We are on Sky Princess arriving St Thomas February 21 and plan on taking ferry to St John. Have 12 hours in port so should be plenty of time.

Red Hook is usually $30-45 min max.  Havensight is the closer dock so closer to 30 min.  You never know about traffic so allow more time each way especially on your return.  12 hours is a good long stop. The Ferry runs every hour each way. I think on the hour to St John and on the 30 back but you can look it up.  

You can find several threads and hundreds of posts on taking the Red Hook ferry to St John. Very popular self-excursion, and probably thousands do that every week. It is a much better option than taking a ship excursion.

Typical time is 30 - 40 min taxi, 20 min ferry (departs on the hour + any wait time when you arrive). 

with your extended time in port I would take a tour of the North Shore. The shared safari taxi drivers will be lined-up in Cruz Bay waiting to whisk folks to the various beaches. When you board the taxi the driver will let you know that you can stay on for the tour when others are dropped at the beach and get dropped at Trunk Bay after. Very reasonable price at $35/pp, which includes your ride to the beach.

Then do some shopping with lunch in Cruz Bay. It is also a great opportunity to pick up a nice, quality Hook Bracelet from St John Bracelet Co. I had one custom made for my wife while we toured Cruz Bay. A nice gift for your spouse, or for yourself!

For your return, just take a ferry that gives you 2+ hours to get back to your ship. But you will probably head back with plenty of time, and you may be able to stop at Paradise Point for the view and a cocktail before going back to the ship. 

Edited by blue_water

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I haven’t replied sooner. Taxi to Red Hook for ferry to St. John went fine. Stepped off ship and onto taxi in minutes. We purchased tickets for ferry on line and that was easy. No standing in line at terminal. Took taxi from Cruz Bay to Maho beach. Easy trip, exciting in open air taxi. Maho Bay is one of the most beautiful places I’ve ever been. Plenty of food and drink there. Reverse travel was no problem. I highly recommend for those with appropriate itinerary. 

• 10 months later...
On 1/19/2024 at 9:46 AM, Jeepsterchick said:

Good Day Philv,

Can you tell me how much the taxi was to Maho Beach?

Thank you!

I do not remember specifically. Pickup truck style taxi, $10 or $15 pp. Fun ride. Stopped at Trunk Bay and other beaches along way.

Edited by philv