JANUARY 14-23, 2024

Gotti1985

Hi All,

We are from Central Jersey. Can't wait to meet everyone, and loking for warmer weather.
Regarding transportation, We take NJ Transit to Penn Station (our friend drops us off at the train station) and Uber or taxi to the port. Last time we paid Under$10.00 for the taxi to the port few years back but now maybe more or less of $15.00 + train fair 

We will be taking Amtrak from New London CT to Penn Station (2 and 1/2 hours) and then a taxi to the cruise terminal.  We looked at driving in and parking, but train and taxi is less expensive and easier.  Who needs a lot of stress when going on vacation?

Jim 

• 1 month later...

Hello all, 

I am in a bit of weird spot, I want to go on this cruise with my girlfriend but I will be 20 at the time of the cruise. Carnival policy is that "Guests Under the Age of 21 MUST travel with a relative or guardian of 25 years of age or older". I was hoping I could find someone here willing to be our guardian for the trip. I would be happy to talk to you more to verify any details. 

Thanks, 
Kyle 

• Like 1

Hello all… I’m actually coming in from Oregon and meeting my friend coming from Massachusetts… I’ve been on over 20 cruises… Carnival, Norwegian, celebrity, princess, royal Caribbean… Really looking forward to this as the ship looks gorgeous… booked chef’s table for Tuesday… been to the Bahamas many times, but haven’t had a swim  with pigs, so I’m excited about that!  Is there a meet and greet set up… I haven’t read through everything, so I apologize if it’s already been posted… Looking forward to meeting you all… Debbie

Hello - I'm Betty from Groton, MA.  My friend and I are coming from the Boston area to NY for this cruise.  I found a company called Go Sherpa that will drive us in a van from Framingham MA to the Cruise Port in NY for very reasonable prices (about $99 each way per person).  They are picking up a group of eight from southern NH before they pick us up.  They can also pick people up at their homes for additional fees.  If you are looking for transportation from Massachusetts or New Hampshire, you might want to reach out to them.  You can email Kenny Leung at GoSherpa.Screenshot2023-11-14at3_10_26PM.thumb.jpg.0fa8f0402a7311c3ef7aa11586bc3dd9.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

30 days...

In other news, I think there is a real chance that any excursions to Blue Lagoon in Nassau will be cancelled.  For those unaware, a cruise passenger died a few weeks ago when the boat shuttle to Blue Lagoon capsized.  I am 95% sure at this point that they are closed for business, and I know that Royal Caribbean cancelled any Blue Lagoon excursions through January, and Carnival has cancelled them through December.  I had originally booked the Sea Lion Encounter to Blue Lagoon, but I went ahead and cancelled it today.  I'm hoping by doing so I can still get in on an excursion I'd like to take - not sure what that IS, but its fun looking.

Just thought I'd share that for anyone else, because I know there have been really disappointed cruisers out there because they weren't told until they sailed.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/15/2023 at 7:43 PM, Pami1968 said:

........In other news, I think there is a real chance that any excursions to Blue Lagoon in Nassau will be cancelled.................

We've been to Nassau many times but I was hoping to get back to Blue Lagoon.  I was there when it was a private island for Premier Cruise lines (Big Red Boat), long out of business and was hoping to see all the changes.  Oh well, another time perhaps.

You can easily walk to town and the huge straw market.  A couple of times we caught a taxi and went to Atlantis, but that was when the ship was staying overnight.  A city tour is easily found right at the port, no need to book an excursion.  We went to the area known as the Fish Fry (Arawak Cay) once taking a bus.  This area has a lot of little restaurants or store fronts selling all kinds of seafood.  It looks like Viator offers a $20 shuttle there and back, but make sure you get back to the ship on time.  I might explore the cost of a taxi or see if a local bus is still an option.  We're doing a B2B2B on this ship and this is our first leg.

Hello fellow cruisers!  Only 11 days to go.  Can someone please tell me how to sign up for the meet and greet? I not having any luck.

Thanks!

Betty from Groton MA

Traveling with long time friend MaryBeth from Canton MA

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BerthaH said:

Hello fellow cruisers!  Only 11 days to go.  Can someone please tell me how to sign up for the meet and greet? I not having any luck.

Thanks!

Betty from Groton MA

Traveling with long time friend MaryBeth from Canton MA

Hi Betty - we're coming from Walsenburg, CO.

We'll be in a day or two early and hope to see a few shows, 

I don't think anyone has setup a Meet & Greet here or on the FB group, but I'll recheck,

Cheers, 
Todd

• Like 1

Hey Everyone! 

Going on this with my best friend and me and her are very excited! First time cruise for her so we are happy to hear 🦻 any tips to make the Cruise one to remember 🥴🍹😂 SO DOWN for a Meet and Greet and/or group Bahama Bar Crawl (if they exist!). Everyone here seems really cool. Very social and easy to get along with. Hopefully we can all plan something! I thought this was a funny choice for us to start the New Year 2024 off right LOL.

• Like 2

On 11/6/2023 at 9:33 AM, KyleVenezia2024 said:

Hello all, 

I am in a bit of weird spot, I want to go on this cruise with my girlfriend but I will be 20 at the time of the cruise. Carnival policy is that "Guests Under the Age of 21 MUST travel with a relative or guardian of 25 years of age or older". I was hoping I could find someone here willing to be our guardian for the trip. I would be happy to talk to you more to verify any details. 

Thanks, 
Kyle 

Hey Kyle, 

Were you still in need of a "guardian"? lmao I'm 26 so I could fit the bill

Best,

Henry

Hi all hope to meet some of you on this cruise. The wife and I look forward to it. Taking the train from Hamilton no to penn station then a short cab ride over

If anyone is interested, there is a meet & greet at 3pm on Sunday 1/14 at Rococos Bar. Wear Mardi Gras beads if you have them. (Courtesy of another group I’m in on another site.)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Yay Travel said:

Hi there! Does anyone know which pier we are supposed to go to when we arrive at the cruise terminal?

You should know when you get there - I think only 2 berths there and the entrance appears to be the same. We’re walking over - hopefully before it rains.