First time on Cunard, question on cruise documents

monsoon20009

I've booked QM2 for a transatlantic crossing this summer and have a question about cruise documents. I see from the Cunard FAQs that documents will be sent by Royal Mail 4-6 weeks before the cruise date (I'm in the US), but I'll be traveling in Europe for a month before the cruise. Will I be able to access and print all necessary documents from the My Cunard website while I'm traveling if I don't receive them before I leave? Thanks!

Everything that you need is downloadable from My Cunard. We don't get anything sent by post in the UK anymore.

You can access the site as soon as you book, but Boarding Pass and Luggage Labels will not be available until a few weeks before you travel.

As long as you have access to a printer you should be fine.

Out of interest, what's your travel date?

Edited by BigMac1953
typo

The document sent via Royal Mail 4-6 weeks prior to departure is a "Your ocean awaits" booklet. That mostly just contains reminders of the steps to prepare for your voyage. Nothing in that booklet is needed for travel. Everything is now done online via My Cunard, with the final check-in process starting 21 days prior to departure. You print your boarding pass and luggage labels from My Cunard.

Edited by bluemarble

5 hours ago, bluemarble said:

The document sent via Royal Mail 4-6 weeks prior to departure is a "Your ocean awaits" booklet. That mostly just contains reminders of the steps to prepare for your voyage. Nothing in that booklet is needed for travel. Everything is now done online via My Cunard, with the final check-in process starting 21 days prior to departure. You print your boarding pass and luggage labels from My Cunard.

Ours was waiting for us at home when we returned from our December crossing. Not terribly useful except as a souvenir, and Heaven knows I need more pieces of paper around here.

23 hours ago, BigMac1953 said:

Everything that you need is downloadable from My Cunard. We don't get anything sent by post in the UK anymore.

You can access the site as soon as you book, but Boarding Pass and Luggage Labels will not be available until a few weeks before you travel.

Out of interest, what's your travel date?

I'm on the westbound crossing on May 23rd.

10 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

There isnt a westbound departing on 23rd May

They probably meant the June 23rd westbound crossing. They've posted on that roll call and provided me with a revised dress code and theme schedule for that crossing on my thread for that topic.

• Like 2

On 2/7/2023 at 3:25 AM, BigMac1953 said:

Who travels with a printer? I used  to dutifully print everything out - but noticed no one checked the paper - all they wanted was our passports.   

So when we embarked in Barcelona  after 6 weeks travel around Europe - I printed nothing, no luggage tags, no boarding pass nothing. I did have my booking reference but they didn't want it. Luggage guy asked what cabin we were in - they hand wrote the number on the bags - delayed us about 2 min. 

The check in counter wanted our passports -  nothing else. Trees saved and no more worry about printing anything out ever! 

Edited by lissie

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2023 at 2:20 PM, monsoon20009 said:

I've booked QM2 for a transatlantic crossing this summer and have a question about cruise documents. I see from the Cunard FAQs that documents will be sent by Royal Mail 4-6 weeks before the cruise date (I'm in the US), but I'll be traveling in Europe for a month before the cruise. Will I be able to access and print all necessary documents from the My Cunard website while I'm traveling if I don't receive them before I leave? Thanks!

Yes.  I had the same problem when travelling in the US this autumn, and needed to print out the booking confirmation (ticket) and luggage tags, which I downloaded as files to my iPad.  The first hotel I asked was happy to print them out for me, if I emailed them to reception.