Calm Water and Beautiful Sand Ideas Requested

MtnSeaGirl

My DH and I will be doing a B2B in late April/early May for our 30th anniversary.  Been stalking the boards to find ideas for the ABC Islands for the 2nd leg of our journey on the Carnival Horizon.  We are looking for rather calm beautiful water and  fine sand like Myrtle Beach or Antiqua.   Neither of us scuba as I almost drowned in a pool as a child.  Give me a swim vest, and I'll go anywhere ABOVE the water.  Snorkeling is difficult as the times we have tried this has mostly been in waves pounding over my head and having to jump from the boat ( he politely handed me down  LOL  ).  I know. I'm a hopeless wimp, right?  Last time in Aruba, we took the local bus for fun and I parasailed on my 50th BD.  That was amazing.  Changing boats in the middle of the water was no problem.  ( that was the system they had; one boat takes you out, the other boat is where you "sail" from ).   Curacao was our port to walk around and just enjoy last time.  We did not go to Bonaire.  We would like to find a nice beach for a couple hours to enjoy and make those wonderful memories of a lifetime. All help is appreciated so I thank you in advance.  I am also curious if anyone has ever tried SNUBA.  Seems expensive for the 30 minutes you are actually under water, but with a cord that I know I can follow to get back up may allow me to see the colorful fish. My dream is one of those sea turtles that is not behind glass at a museum or zoo.   May just help overcome the fear of not being able to surface which is my fear of scuba.  I had to laugh in St Thomas as I was renting snorkel gear.  I wanted a swim vest. The young man behind the counter was so sweet.  He laughed and said "Lady, I can take your money but you have to try pretty hard to drown in the salt water here."   PS  I can swim but would not win any races or awards for it.  I actually love the water.   I will also post this on Bonaire and Curacao pages.  TY again.   

• 4 weeks later...

I would say it would depend on your time frame you have while in port. Baby Beach (as mentioned) is very calm but it is the furthest point from the port. BABY BEACH and BABY BEACH and BABY BEACH  Those are some of my reviews with tons of pictures of the area. You pretty much have to rent one of their "windscreens", which is a half moon looking umbrella, to get any shade.

Another place would be MANGEL HALTO. Super calm and if you want to snorkel, it's in an area that you could actually stand up in to see everything. Of course to see the beautiful reef beside it would mean swimming out some (not toe reachable) and the water can get rough out that way. But if you are looking for super calm, that's another place to check out. MANGEL HALTO and MANGEL HALTO AREA and MANGEL HALTO  There's tons of natural shade there as well. 

SURFSIDE BEACH is another area where the water is pretty calm. It is a place that a lot of cruisers (can) go to and closer to the port. They have restaurants/beach clubs along there. The sand is pretty but the ocean is "mostly" an area with the sea grass and places for you to "dip" in the water where there's small sections of sand. It's close to the airport, so you'll see planes coming in as well. There's no shade unless you rent umbrella's.  SURFSIDE BEACH

I hope you find the perfect place you are looking for. 🙂 

• Like 1