Oceania on board charges question

OhState1

First time cruiser here.  How are on board charges handled?  My in-laws very generously paid for our room and excursions, but I want to pay for all our other on board charges (drinks, etc).  Can I set it to pay for theirs as well?  Do I need to set that up with their TA ahead of time, or can it be done on board?  Thanks!

As part of the boarding process, you will be asked for a credit card to which all your on-board charges will be applied.  Easy peasy and, depending on what type of card you use, you may get FF miles or cash back or other bennies from the card issuer.

Edited by DrHemlock
  • Like 1

When the in-laws board, they will be asked for a CC too. So unless you give them your card at that moment, I think the most practical thing is to go to the front desk once you're on board and ask them to put the charges for your in-laws account onto your credit card. The charges won't actually happen until the last day of the cruise, so you should be able to do it anytime before then.

--Julian

• Like 2

Hope your in-laws are reasonable on the spending. Drinks, Dom Perignon dinner at La Reserve, gratuities(unless they have more than 10 Oceania cruises) jewelry store, spa, gift shop. They could run up the cost of a cruise pretty quick. 

I'm sure they won't, but these are all things that go on your on board account, just in case they want any of these. Maybe figure some other way to even the playing field, in case they want to indulge themselves in any of these things.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

You can buy "Bon Voyage Gifts" OBC for them..."Surprise your friends, family members or spouse with a special gift! We’ll deliver your choice of gifts to the recipient’s stateroom along with a personalized message." Besides flowers, wine, liquor, etc. There is shipboard credit.

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/sites/default/files/2022-12/bon-voyage-gifts.pdf

• Like 1