Has anyone stayed in cabins R732 - R735 or Majestic Princess Riviera deck?

korky1

We booked a BE guaranteed balcony cabin for cruise departing 24th Feb.  Yesterday we were notified we have been assigned cabin R735 which is a premium deluxe balcony cabin facing out over the back of the ship.  Never stayed in this type of cabin before as have always had a cabin on either side of ship.  From deck plans it seems to have a larger than usual balcony.  Is this correct? 

Thanks for any insight you can give me.

• Like 1

You'll be very happy in that cabin. Yes, the balcony is much deeper being on the aft and on 14. We have that cabin booked on Discovery on an upcoming cruise and very much looking forward to it (we actually have the aft starboard 6 cabins booked and plan to have the balcony dividers opened up to make a mega-balcony).

I find 14 to be perfect placement since I like to be up high, the balcony is deep, and you have rooms immediately above and below you, and just 2 quick floors up to Lido. The aft elevators are less busy, and being aft you have an incredible view, less wind, soft vibration from the engines, soothing sound of the wake, it's awesome.

Two things to watch for: 1) depending on the speed of the ship and the wind pattern sometimes you get a little bit of soot on the balcony and rail. The stewards should be on top of it, but don't hesitate to give them a ring if you need them to come wipe things down. Just be aware of it so you don't accidentally sit down on a chair with soot on it. :) 

2) There is a pool 2 floors above you and sometimes if someone is careless or rowdy, some splash might make its way down to you. I've also seen a small leak on Discovery's pool last September that I assume is fixed by now.

You'll have a great time!

• 2 months later...

Hi korky1 - Very curious how R735 worked out for you on the Discovery Princess? Specifically, does that large balcony have any overhead cover or is it all out in the open? We just booked a cruise on the Discovery for next year and I wanted to grab R735, but decided on deck 11 because I was able to see video of that cabin and it had a cover over half the balcony. We will be going to Alaska and know it will rain, hence us wanting some cover. Thanks so much!