Guavaberry Liqueur

pittnh

Thank you for posting a legitimate question. It is refreshing to see this after the usual 7658 weekly posts on tipping, trying to save $3 on various drink packages, room service, lobster tails, etc.

But I concur with the other posters. I have only seen this on St. Maarten. I do like the taste of it, but taste is always something that is subjective. The hand painted bottles are always a fan favourite in terms of gifting.

1 hour ago, ARandomTraveler said:

I think the thing that's supposed to be unique about that stuff is that it's only available on St Maarten. At least that's how it used to be. 

That stuff tasted like cough syrup. I've still got some in my liquor cabinet from 2015 😂

lol, the recipe that came on the bottle for a cocktail was actually pretty decent.  Straight up may be a different story

And that would make sense, something that is special to St. Maarten.  Bummer since our cruise doesn't stop there and I liked it the last time I bought some, as I mentioned mixed in the cocktail

Edited by pittnh
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, mets123 said:

It's made in San Maarten, but the company went out of business a year and a half ago. It can be purchased at the kiosk in the port area. The original emporium on Front St has been shut down for a while.

interesting, thanks for the info

I wonder who is making it if the company shut down?  Are they just selling through their inventory?

Edited by pittnh