Linking names on cruise app

cantgetin

I opened the app for my upcoming cruise and found about 40 people that I've never heard of linked to me.  I did a name search on the FB group for our cruise, and removed about half of them that way.  I'm guessing that some of the rest use a different name on line than their legal name used for booking.

How is this happening?  I've not released my booking number to anyone.  Can people link to me by just knowing my name?  This is bothering me because once someone is linked to you, they can make and cancel your reservations (I had this happen on our last VV cruise). I don't know what, if anything else they can do.

2 hours ago, cantgetin said:

I opened the app for my upcoming cruise and found about 40 people that I've never heard of linked to me.  I did a name search on the FB group for our cruise, and removed about half of them that way.  I'm guessing that some of the rest use a different name on line than their legal name used for booking.

How is this happening?  I've not released my booking number to anyone.  Can people link to me by just knowing my name?  This is bothering me because once someone is linked to you, they can make and cancel your reservations (I had this happen on our last VV cruise). I don't know what, if anything else they can do.

Not sure how but they are not supposed to be able to see your schedule unless you go into n their profile and allow them to see it. 

1 hour ago, AtSeaWithChris said:

Not sure how but they are not supposed to be able to see your schedule unless you go into n their profile and allow them to see it. 

I don't know how they got "linked" on the app, but are you saying that I have to authorize them to see my profile?  Which I won't do, of course....
The one good thing is that I got a message on the last cruise when someone canceled my dinner res....so I could go right back on and change it back.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cantgetin said:

I don't know how they got "linked" on the app, but are you saying that I have to authorize them to see my profile?  Which I won't do, of course....
The one good thing is that I got a message on the last cruise when someone canceled my dinner res....so I could go right back on and change it back.

That’s the way it is supposed to be. 

E7AF136E-0722-41B9-96FA-987928AD1D46.jpeg

Thank you.  Interesting...I just looked on the app.  I can see that button on my cabin mate's code but not on my code.  So I'm guessing  that it means that cabin mate can or cannot see what I am doing (which of course will be a "can" but I can set it for each person as to whether they can see my "stuff" or not.

OK...when I turned it off for one person, it re-set it for everyone including my cabin mate.  I'll keep it off for now and delete people I don't want to see it after I check my wallet on embarkation (first mate told me not to delete anyone till I knew my loot was right in case she had made a link of 2 of her clients to give us loot.) She said she didn't know if deleting someone would mess up the loot.

So that still leaves the question of how someone can link to me without me giving them my code or booking number....I may figure that out someday.

2 hours ago, cantgetin said:

Thank you.  Interesting...I just looked on the app.  I can see that button on my cabin mate's code but not on my code.  So I'm guessing  that it means that cabin mate can or cannot see what I am doing (which of course will be a "can" but I can set it for each person as to whether they can see my "stuff" or not.

OK...when I turned it off for one person, it re-set it for everyone including my cabin mate.  I'll keep it off for now and delete people I don't want to see it after I check my wallet on embarkation (first mate told me not to delete anyone till I knew my loot was right in case she had made a link of 2 of her clients to give us loot.) She said she didn't know if deleting someone would mess up the loot.

So that still leaves the question of how someone can link to me without me giving them my code or booking number....I may figure that out someday.

I know with Carnival that if you blink with one person you get all the people that they were linked to. 

Any chance you’re in a lock it in/guarantee room? I’ve seen people report issues if they’re linked for referrals and don’t have a cabin assigned yet- it thinks people you’re linked with who are also GTY are in your cabin (because cabin=null)

1 hour ago, _tacocat_ said:

Any chance you’re in a lock it in/guarantee room? I’ve seen people report issues if they’re linked for referrals and don’t have a cabin assigned yet- it thinks people you’re linked with who are also GTY are in your cabin (because cabin=null)

Nope, cabin assigned room.