Beach Umbrella Question

Chippendale

Absolutely yes, assuming you can find a reasonable way to carry the device.  Our beach umbrellas do not fit in our luggage and are not eligible for carry-on these days :).  I once thought about flying to Florida, buying a couple of beach umbrellas (such as Tommy Bahama) and carrying them onto a cruise.  But it is just more trouble than it's worth.   We also know plenty of beaches (all over the Caribbean) where we can get Palapas or Umbrellas along with the beach loungers, without paying that much extra for the palapa/umbrella.

The reality is folks on cruises often overpay (in a big way) for a cruise line beach excursion rather than just going to a beach on their own.  The money we save by avoiding excursions usually is more than enough to cover the cost of renting stuff on the beaches  And is some ports, there are places where you can get loungers/umbrellas for nothing if you simply buy drinks/lunch.  I can look from my Puerto Vallarta condo balcony down on the beach and see such places :).

Hank