Bridge players

trlagt

Played last month on Riviera.  Showed up at 1:30 on the first sea day at Polo and they had equipment for bridge and Mah-jong. Nobody ran this, we just arrived and sat down with others.   Friendly and casual, our group of four ended up playing about 2 1/2 hours then we met again on each of the two remaining sea days.  I would consider myself a beginner and the people I played with were friendly, easy going and happy just to play.  We enjoyed seeing them throughout our voyage elsewhere on the ship and even ended up having dessert one night in the MDR with one.  Our group changed partners each time and we enjoyed playing to the point where we barely even kept score.  Of course I am sure other tables were more competitive.  These were small groups, maybe three tables each bridge and Mah-jong.

I had learned to play in college and gone thirty years until last month.

Edited by Woofa
  • Like 2

The only consistent I have seen is that usually on Transatlantic trips they have a formal bridge instructor and then play of duplicate or just regular in the afternoons. This is definitely on sea days but sometimes based on time in port can be another day too. They had that on the Marina both last spring going over to Europe and coming back in the late fall. Julia

On 2/12/2023 at 11:02 PM, OhState1 said:

Any Euchre games? Letting my midwestern flag fly here.  🙂

Ask on your Roll Call

There is usually a sign up sheet in the card room  where people interested in other games  will put their names down

• Like 1