Taxi ride to Baltimore airport after cruise?

hoosier sailor

34 minutes ago, hoosier sailor said:

We will be returning from a cruise in Baltimore, and we are wondering approximately what a taxi to the airport will run us? Plus, how long is the drive.

You don't want to use a traditional taxi in Baltimore if you can avoid it. Uber is just under $30 to BWI (assuming that it is BWI) and takes about 20-25 minutes. 

3 hours ago, Cruiser 5452 said:

Cruised out of Baltimore September 2,2022.  Took an Uber from the Cruise port to BWI.  The cost was just over $28.  The Ride was right at 25 minutes.  If I ever cruise out of Baltimore, would definitely take an Uber again.

I took a taxi from the airport to my hotel across the street from the cruise port and it was nearly twice that for a somewhat unpleasant ride ... 

14 minutes ago, Rubyfisch said:

I took a taxi from the airport to my hotel across the street from the cruise port and it was nearly twice that for a somewhat unpleasant ride ... 

What is it with Baltimore taxis?  On our Grandeur cruise a few years ago we took Amtrak down and a taxi to out hotel- a rolling wreck with a bad smell that took a lot longer than I imagined it should- and cost about $50. Next day we Ubered to the cruise terminal - about $30, and after the cruise Ubered to the station - again about $30.   I’ve used taxis in many US cities and have generally found them comparable to Uber - but Baltimore seems a different matter.

5 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

What is it with Baltimore taxis?  On our Grandeur cruise a few years ago we took Amtrak down and a taxi to out hotel- a rolling wreck with a bad smell that took a lot longer than I imagined it should- and cost about $50. Next day we Ubered to the cruise terminal - about $30, and after the cruise Ubered to the station - again about $30.   I’ve used taxis in many US cities and have generally found them comparable to Uber - but Baltimore seems a different matter.

I only did it because it was pouring rain, my luggage was soaked, and the taxi was right there. Getting my stuff laid out to dry was my first priority, but man, watching the meter tick up at an offensively rapid rate wasn't fun...