NCL Haven 2/2 v. MSC Yacht Club

kh6275

I have sailed the Haven 2 bedroom numerous times and it is all my kids have ever sailed.  Prior to NCL Haven'ing I also sailed a Holland suite so I don't really have a way to compare.  I'm looking to go out of New York on MSC in their Yacht Club.  Has anyone done both.  It doesn't look like YC has a room comparable to the Haven 2/2.  My kids are now 13 & 15.  Will they like YC, they love the Haven.  MSC lines up better with school break next year.

We've done both on several occasions. My kids are younger than either of yours. I deal with the same Spring Break/non-school dates searching for cruises so I understand your dilemma.

The stateroom options for Yacht Club can vary depending on the ship.  For Meraviglia, there is the option of the Duplex Suite which is your only YC option if 2 bathrooms is important. It also has a whirlpool on the balcony.  It is sometimes possible to book a regular Deluxe balcony and an interior in the Yacht Club for the same price as a 2 bedroom Villa in the Haven. 

Haven and Yacht Club have many similarities but MSC is very "different" from the other mainstream lines. Some of those differences are the reason for many bad reviews. Yacht Club reviews tend to be much more positive. We enjoy both Yacht Club and Haven. 

There is a larger gap between the Yacht Club experience and "the others" on MSC vs. the gap between Haven and "the others" on NCL. Aurea experience on MSC is about in the middle.  Most people would choose non-Haven on NCL vs. non-Yacht Club on MSC. 

Edited by Two Wheels Only