Debarkation day - how long?

dizzyr

My return flight keeps getting changed - it was 2:00pm, then 1:00pm and now 11:55am and I'm worried it's too early. I'm leaving out of Orlando and this is my first cruise with Royal Caribbean so I'm not sure how long debarkation takes.  What's the earliest flight out of Orlando I can realistically make (I want to be prepared if it changes again)? As much as I love Orlando I would prefer not to have to spend an extra day there because we are already in Disney before the cruise.

48 minutes ago, Tatka said:

Do self debarkation with your luggage. It is the fastest.

Will I be able to make it to the airport in time for my flight? It's an international flight (Canada) so I'm assuming I'll need to be there by 9:00. I do have Nexus so that should help with the security line I think?

I cannot say this. I do not even know when your ship is arriving. This was just an advice to speed up your disembarkation. Hopefully there will be more people to add to this conversation.

It is approximately a one hour trip from the Port Canaveral cruise terminal to the Orlando Airport. 

Since it is my understanding that Nexus qualifies you for TSA Pre-Check then I do not see an issue with making an 1155 flight. 

After two very uncomfortable experience 10 years or so ago with the transportation arranged by the ship from/to the airport/ship we have used private transportation every time we have sailed out of Port Canaveral since then.  

19 minutes ago, Tatka said:

I cannot say this. I do not even know when your ship is arriving. This was just an advice to speed up your disembarkation. Hopefully there will be more people to add to this conversation.

Sorry that was my bad I just assumed that all the ships arrive sometime in the middle of the night no matter what time they say as the arrival time - every cruise I've been on has been docked by the time I wake up around 6! It says it arrives at 7:00. I know if this was a Princess or Disney cruise I'd have no problem getting off the ship early but I don't know anything about RC. 

17 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

It is approximately a one hour trip from the Port Canaveral cruise terminal to the Orlando Airport. 

Since it is my understanding that Nexus qualifies you for TSA Pre-Check then I do not see an issue with making an 1155 flight. 

After two very uncomfortable experience 10 years or so ago with the transportation arranged by the ship from/to the airport/ship we have used private transportation every time we have sailed out of Port Canaveral since then.  

I think private transport is probably the way to go - can you share with me who you used? I also need to get from Disney to the port so I might use the same one for both.

6 minutes ago, dizzyr said:

I think private transport is probably the way to go - can you share with me who you used? I also need to get from Disney to the port so I might use the same one for both.

We used Ace Luxury Transportation. 

• Thanks 1