Food, glorious food!

pcur

12 hours ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

Thanks so much for posting. I have an 8 day on Enchantment in April, and it is sold out. How was occupancy and did you @pcur think staff was sufficient to handle the food properly?

I know you are not one to exaggerate by your previous posts. I hope they use customer feedback to improve the situation by then.

The ship was full on both cruises. First one was 13 nights, so it was pretty much a geriatric cruise, and the second was full of families and children.  

I do think the staff were probably newly rotated in the MDR, but by now may have come up to speed.

• Thanks 1

On 2/14/2023 at 12:47 PM, paross4 said:

Interesting.  Thanks for sharing.  

I wonder (and I'm not a cook or anything) but do you think the age of the ship could have an effect on the food? (Enchantment 1997 - Anthem 2015)  By that I mean, are the galley's on the older ships equipped to handle the new menu's and how the food is to be cooked, prepped and served?  

I know, age of ship, galley size and equipment probably doesn't have any bearing, but still....

Quite frankly, I think it's the ship's management.  We had an inkling of the "rigidity" when we were on the Enchantment last October.  Five of us tried to discuss using our specialty  BOGO perk in Chops other than night 1 or 2, and were flatly refused.  I even had a phone conversation "bait-and-switch" over this when it was my turn to try.  We had 3 Pinnacles, and 2 D+ discussing this with Chops over the length of the cruise.  

Then.......the new menus hit in January.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1