Do elderly people fit in on Quest and Sojourn?

tripperva

Some posts and reviews point out that Seabourn attracts a somewhat younger crowd than Regent and Oceania for example.Quest and Sojourn are smaller ships and I am wondering if elderly folks would stand out more.Would  people in their 70s and 80s be outliers?Does anyone have experience with this? Thanks for any comments.

Tripperva

We've both turned 70 since our last pre-pandemic cruise, but I have always seen the Seabourn passenger clientele as a mostly older group.  In fact, each time we board, we remark to each other that the passengers are quite old!  So you and we--fit right end.  There are usually a few passengers in their 30s, some in the 40s, with the majority being in their 50s and up.  I've met plenty of passengers in their 80s and have enjoyed their company.  People in their 70s and 80s are definitely NOT outliers.  

• Like 3

The 102 year old gentleman on Sojourn during the Holiday Cruise in the Caribbean seemed to fit in well, enjoying his pre-dinner cocktails in the Observation Bar and going on excursions regularly.  Most passengers didn't know his age and, I'm certain, didn't care. 

You can be any age, you can dress (almost) any way, as long as you don't interfere with others or disrespect the ship's guidelines.  Fellow passengers on Seabourn are very welcoming.

• Like 5

'You're only as old as you feel, as the late Queen Elizabeth II said, and this applies pretty much to most folks on Seabourn ships.

Or, as Groucho Marx said -"You're only as old as the woman you feel" .

It would have had a pleasing symetry if the Queen had said 'Youre only as old as the man you feel', but I suppose she had to watch her decorum.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As a couple in our (now) late-50’s having travelled on Seabourn for the last 7 years or so, one of the surprising delights is the friendships we’ve made with other passengers.  Most surprising is how it has shown that age is truly a just a number; one of out best friends through Seabourn recently turned 80 (and we struggle to keep up with him!); some others even older.  Like has been said here, quite an age range and it’s never made a bit of difference!  Enjoy, have fun, and report back.

Edited by johng75370
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

We have 10 Regent and 5 Seabourn cruises so far. We have cruised both in the past year. Can’t speak about Viking or Silversea. 
IMHO the clientele on both is very similar. Very interesting, successful, outgoing, fun and well traveled. My observation would be that Seabourn skews somewhat younger than Regent.
A couple of additional points; we always cruise for two weeks or more. Shorter cruises would likely have younger (still working) passengers. Seabourn is adding expedition ships which will almost certainly have younger, fitter, more adventurous guests. 

• Like 1