Sl1Aurea Suite Aft corner wraparound Balcony question

ddlb

I would really appreciate the  pro and con remarks of this cabin.  I booked it and I’m really excited about it on deck 14 Seaside. I saw a great youtube on the cabin.  However  I am  bit concerned about the elevator if it is really noisy or a long wait.  I know it will involve a lot of walking which is ok too. If you have any helpful hints they would be welcomed. Also I am a bit confused on the anytime dining is it in the main dining room?  I understand there’s a dining area for Aurea suites but I may want to dine with other people not included. 

We were on the Seashore and started out in one of these cabins (Deck 15). We were supposed to be in the YC, and didn't get moved until halfway through the cruise. It was very convenient to the Deck 16 buffet and pool area, as well as to the Deck 8 adult pool and bar area. We really liked the suite and the views. Big windows, lots of natural light, good views, great bathroom. (Honestly, it's better than many of the suites in the YC, just doesn't get all the YC perks. After being in the aft suite, we almost turned down the move to the YC when we saw that suite.)

We really didn't notice significant noise - there is some separation from you and the elevator and even the elevator lobby. Most of the time the elevators did not require a long wait and weren't really crowded. Every now and then you would hit a peak time or a bunch of people moving at one and it could be slow - but honestly, that happened more with the "regular" elevators. (Sometimes they would never come and you'd have to enter your request again. One time I even walked to the next set of elevators. I'm not convinced that the system used on these newer MSC ships actually works any better - where you put in your requested floor to call the elevator, and then it tells you what elevator number to get on.)

1 hour ago, ddlb said:

I would really appreciate the  pro and con remarks of this cabin.  I booked it and I’m really excited about it on deck 14 Seaside. I saw a great youtube on the cabin.  However  I am  bit concerned about the elevator if it is really noisy or a long wait.  I know it will involve a lot of walking which is ok too. If you have any helpful hints they would be welcomed. Also I am a bit confused on the anytime dining is it in the main dining room?  I understand there’s a dining area for Aurea suites but I may want to dine with other people not included. 

We had Deck 14 on Seaside on the Inaugural sailing from Miami, no issues with the lifts and they are a plus due to being used less than the others on the ship. Fantastic views all around, A great amount of wardrobe space and plenty of room. A large shower and a view of the sea from the bathroom with the door open via the long narrow window. Certainly worth the money plus you have the Top 19 sundeck with it's own bar and plenty of sunbeds. There is an area in the Aft main dining room for Aurea guests so no need to wait in line just walk in and see the host 

Edited by sidari
  • Like 1

We sailed on MSC Seascape in stateroom 13299 and enjoyed the size and location of the cabin. We usually book YC but only Aurea was available due to last minute booking.

No noise from the 2 elevators and no long waiting times.

We would book SL1 Aurea anytime again.

Good choice.. enjoy your cruise.

FA60A974-6FC8-44F8-B8F2-F492AC224014.thumb.jpeg.69d0c80edbb41085b1d67030a9046200.jpeg

6D467DD7-D5EF-46D3-AA16-8322BDEDBF31.thumb.jpeg.42137e3e988c2f2436b9a4325e930455.jpeg

FA9F38BD-6865-4E91-A781-245899138941.thumb.jpeg.77808bfcbdabef670c127287b13bbb22.jpeg

1EC361DD-2DB7-46CA-8756-E7554033CBA3.thumb.jpeg.57664d056639ec1a7a4057b053340f9a.jpeg

94CCAE80-BC26-4E43-B282-80196E12867A.thumb.jpeg.7a044c36c55a9fa573259b1b84fc03f6.jpeg

Edited by SirWolf
  • Like 1

On 2/15/2023 at 7:25 PM, SirWolf said:

We sailed on MSC Seascape in stateroom 13299 and enjoyed the size and location of the cabin. We usually book YC but only Aurea was available due to last minute booking.

No noise from the 2 elevators and no long waiting times.

We would book SL1 Aurea anytime again.

Good choice.. enjoy your cruise.

How did the furnishings/fixtures/finishes in the Aurea suite compare to the Yacht Club suites? Wondering specifically about the bathroom, but linens etc... anything that comes to mind as having been either markedly different or more or less similar :)

40 minutes ago, Avatar345 said:

How did the furnishings/fixtures/finishes in the Aurea suite compare to the Yacht Club suites? Wondering specifically about the bathroom, but linens etc... anything that comes to mind as having been either markedly different or more or less similar 🙂

We noticed only minor differences between Aurea Suite SL1 and Yacht Club Deluxe Suite.

Bathroom vanity:

Aurea ~ Corian (type) countertop

YC ~ Granite (type) countertop

Aurea ~ Shower ~ NO rain head

YC ~ Shower ~ rain head

Towels are same or similar quality,

YC towels are embroidered with YC logo.

Aurea ~ Shower with wall mounted foot rest

YC ~ Shower with bench

Identical vanity faucets in Aurea and YC bathrooms.

Furniture and decorations are similar..

slightly different color schemes.

Aurea Experience comes with dedicated dining room for dinner on most ships, access to Aurea Top19 sun deck and access to Aurea Thermal Spa area.

Edited by SirWolf
  • Like 1

Since I will be solo when I go to the Aurea aft dining room area in the Seaside will I be directed to a table of other solos which I would prefer instead of eating alone. Since it is anytime dining, I presume some will have already started their meal? 

1 hour ago, edmaine said:

Is this a Premium Suite with Terrace, Premium Suite, a Deluxe Suite or a Grand Suite?? 

The photos posted above (reply #4) are from stateroom 13299 on MSC Seashore.

~ SL1 ~ Premium Suite Aurea ~ Aft Corner Suite

• 1 year later...

Resurrecting this post to ask if the cleaning machine that parks outside the cabin balcony is used early in the morning/does it wake up folks in cabin?