Upgrade fairy still alive!

californiagirl

7 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

I usually select my category and perfect cabin with Princess online and then transfer my booking to the big box.  After sufficient time has elapsed, I call big box and the agent marks my booking 'No Upgrade" and fine tunes any other details.  In the past, the big box agents have shared that the default setting for Princess bookings is "accept all upgrades".

Once big box sends me the booking email, it shows No Upgrade in the booking details.

And with all of this, I still check my bookings with Princess every day.

Yikes! I too usually transfer to a big box TA, but this time I was past final payment when I booked so could not transfer. (My TA's price was $200 more than I could get direct.) I really don't want a surprise "upgrade" that might not be in my preferred location.

5 minutes ago, Cajuntraveler said:

Yikes! I too usually transfer to a big box TA, but this time I was past final payment when I booked so could not transfer. (My TA's price was $200 more than I could get direct.) I really don't want a surprise "upgrade" that might not be in my preferred location.

So call PCL and tell them to mark it No Upgrade.

• Thanks 1

Mine WAS marked as a no upgrade (booked directly with Princess) and they still upgraded me.  But as I said earlier we were given 48 hours to decline.

Another wrinkle.  I received an updated upgrade bidding email today.  It offered club class mini-suites for as low as $100 pp.  I used the chat feature to find out where they were located.  She checked and came back and said our sailing is sold out!  Not sure why they would send the bidding email then.  I wondered if the sailing was sold out as I first tried to look at available cabins online.  The sailing was listed as unavailable.  I went ahead and bid on the club class mini anyway.  Either way I’m happy.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, californiagirl said:

Mine WAS marked as a no upgrade (booked directly with Princess) and they still upgraded me.  But as I said earlier we were given 48 hours to decline.

Another wrinkle.  I received an updated upgrade bidding email today.  It offered club class mini-suites for as low as $100 pp.  I used the chat feature to find out where they were located.  She checked and came back and said our sailing is sold out!  Not sure why they would send the bidding email then.  I wondered if the sailing was sold out as I first tried to look at available cabins online.  The sailing was listed as unavailable.  I went ahead and bid on the club class mini anyway.  Either way I’m happy.

This has been discussed quite a bit. They often are offering bidding for sold out categories (they are on my sailing also). This way if someone cancels, they can fill it quickly.

• Thanks 1