Embarking GETAWAY NCL - New York City

Treacher1

We are traveling with a few other couples in March - sharing transportation to the pier from Pennsylvania.  We can only check in online next week - if all couples do not get the same check in time - will they at least allow us INSIDE the terminal to wait?  Reason I am asking - on another cruise line - I had a check in at 11:00 - 2 minutes later after my check in online my wife did hers and her earliest time then was 12:00.  Since we are married they allowed us BOTH in at 11:00 - not sure how NCL handles this.  Any advice if we do not all get the same check in time?   Anyone who has sailed out of NYC recently - tell us how your check in went.  Some saying less staff and longer waits than before covid??  Any comments appreciated - thank you!

We checked in late for the getaway in ny in January,  and there were no crowds at this time.  As a general rule, cruise lines usually don’t enforce check in times if it isn’t crowded.  They sometimes enforce check in times when there are larger crowds, and sometimes they let groups go together and sometimes they don’t.  

if you are denied entrance at the same time, please note that there is a really good food hall, Gotham west market, a few blocks away.  Or you could make a quick visit to the intrepid.  

Don't sweat it.  Over many, many trips out of NYC on NCL, no one ever looked at my check-in time nor has anyone hassled us when others in my party didn't have the same exact check-in time.  The staff is almost always good-natured.  Smile, move-through, no issues.