Embarkation time

Toze

We did online check-in today for a cruise in a few weeks.  For embarkation time our only option was 11:00 a.m.  Our plan is to embark around 5 p.m.  The ship (Sirena) doesn't leave port until 11:00 p.m.   Is it best to just show up at 5:00 p.m. or should we notify someone and if we should, who?

Thanks.

If you are close to the port   you could drop your bags check in then go off sightseeing 

Just be back on the ship by 8:30 -9 pm

Make sure  O has contact info  for you  eg email phone #  incase there is an issue

If  not  then show up before 9pm you can have your TA advise  O that you will be arriving later in the day

You do not say what port you are embarking  but some ports  the security people may not be  there & you may have to get to the ship from the port gates  on your own

2 hours ago, LHT28 said:

If you are close to the port   you could drop your bags check in then go off sightseeing 

Make sure  O has contact info  for you  eg email phone #  incase there is an issue

If  not  then show up before 9pm you can have your TA advise  O that you will be arriving later in the day

You do not say what port you are embarking  but some ports  the security people may not be  there & you may have to get to the ship from the port gates  on your own

One caveat to this, and it is rare, but I have been on a cruise before that once you check in they don't allow you to get off again. This was in Sydney. I don't know what the rules were B2Bers. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ORV said:

One caveat to this, and it is rare, but I have been on a cruise before that once you check in they don't allow you to get off again. This was in Sydney. I don't know what the rules were B2Bers. 

Same thing happened to us in Sydney. Last time we ever tried to check in early and drop the bags! 

1 hour ago, ORV said:

yes  there are some ports  that you will not be allowed off  I think Vancouver is another one

but Sirena  is in the Caribbean next month so  it may not be an issue

15 hours ago, LHT28 said:

This might not be possible as it would mean missing the mandatory lifeboat drill usually conducted around 5:00 or 5:15 pm.  Not likely that a late sailing would mean delaying the drill until after dinner.

Edited by DrHemlock

8 minutes ago, DrHemlock said:

This might not be possible as it would mean missing the mandatory lifeboat drill usually conducted around 5:00 or 5:15 pm.  Not likely that a late sailing would mean delaying the drill until after dinner.

When we left  late one yr  they had a make up drill for those that were not onboard  at 5:15

I am interested in this topic as well. We embark in Istanbul in October. It says the ships leaves at 6:00pm. We want to do a full day (or almost full day) walking tour or tour on our own. We arrive in Istanbul the day before but won't have much time for sightseeing then. We would like to leave our luggage stored at the hotel and embark around 4:00-5:00pm. I guess I will have my TA check on this or wait to see what other posters have to say.

3 minutes ago, KBrote said:

I am interested in this topic as well. We embark in Istanbul in October. It says the ships leaves at 6:00pm. We want to do a full day (or almost full day) walking tour or tour on our own. We arrive in Istanbul the day before but won't have much time for sightseeing then. We would like to leave our luggage stored at the hotel and embark around 4:00-5:00pm. I guess I will have my TA check on this or wait to see what other posters have to say.

You may need to be onboard by 4pm  depending on the  rules there 

embarkation day is usually a bit earlier than port stops 

I would make sure of the latest time you can board 

JMO

I spoke to Oceania today. They suggested I contact the ground representative to make sure someone will be there if we board late.  The embarkation port information is supposed to be emailed within 21 days of departure.  We haven't seen it yet but our TA is on it.  

@LHT28 the port is Aruba.  We are arriving a day early and are hoping to spend the day on the beach.  Fingers crossed.

• Thanks 1