Nuts - Deck Six atrium view cabin

Starstruckharper

Hello,

I got "Upgraded" into a deck six atrium view cabin. A couple questions:

1) How bad is it, really? My travelling companion and I are pretty heavy sleepers, so a bit of noise and vibration will not bother us. Plus, the extra space and window compared to the inside cabin we were in would genuinely be nice.

2) If it is that bad, should we a) pay the money Cunard wants us to pay to move back into our original cabin or can we b) complain loudly enough until they move us back for free or c) complain to the purser board with the expectation there will be a quieter cabin available that we can be moved to?

Thank you,

-Starstruckharper

1 hour ago, terry&mike said:

Would love to hear your take on the cabin once you return (if you stick with it). We booked one of these cabins out of curiosity, but on Deck 5, for our September sailing. 

Will do - from what I hear the only issue with the cabin is the noise from above - so an atrium view on deck 5 should be just fine.

• Like 1

I'd recommend sticking with the upgrade as well, if only to see if you like the atrium view cabin. Many folks do. Much to our surprise, we discovered that we preferred no view to peering out at the atrium and the cabins across from us (whose shades were discreetly closed, I'm happy to report). When we were on Deck 6 there was some thumping from above that we could have done without, but it wasn't a serious problem. These days we always book a balcony cabin. We find gazing at the ocean much more relaxing than looking at the atrium, although the view does come at a price. But however you travel on QM2, you'll have a wonderful time. 

• Like 2

On 2/22/2023 at 12:24 PM, Thaxted said:

I'd recommend sticking with the upgrade as well, if only to see if you like the atrium view cabin. Many folks do. Much to our surprise, we discovered that we preferred no view to peering out at the atrium and the cabins across from us (whose shades were discreetly closed, I'm happy to report). When we were on Deck 6 there was some thumping from above that we could have done without, but it wasn't a serious problem. These days we always book a balcony cabin. We find gazing at the ocean much more relaxing than looking at the atrium, although the view does come at a price. But however you travel on QM2, you'll have a wonderful time. 

Thank you - after all the doom and gloom about atrium views on Deck 6 it's nice to hear that no, they won't necessarily ruin your vacation.

• Like 1