Small ships

It's been a while since my last visit and these boards are the best for getting good info.

My mother (80 and going semi-strong) wants to go to the baltic region and is considering a cruise. She does NOT want a ship larger than 500 passengers although I can probably convince her that 750 might be OK.

Our last cruise ship had a capacity of over 2700- WAY too big!

Any and all advice is appreciated!

Aileen

I'm booked on the Aug 1 sailing of the Regatta with a "going strong" almost 80 yr old mom. I've heard great things about the ship, and we already have a tour lined up for SP. This ship is small compared to the Caribbean Princess that we were on in December (3200 passengers).

I agree with your mom! I have cruised the large and smaller ships and do not enjoy the large masses of people on the large ships and standing in lines.

We are going to the Baltics this summer on Regent Seven Seas Cruises (formerly Raddison) Voyager....max capacity 700 but the ship is about the same size that typically carries about twice as many people. We have sailed with them before and they are a great, higher end, cruise line.

What date are you sailing? Who knows, maybe we'll see you on board. We are finalizing our plans today. Can hardly wait!

Now to do a search for hotels in Copenhagen. Any suggestions? We did check out the pre and post cruise rates offered by Seven Seas. Ouch!

Aileen

Archived