Ship time or Cozumel time in Cozumel on Celebrity?

tartana

I've never been on a ship where the ship time did not become the port time when docked.  I have been reading about the possibility of ships keeping their own time and not changing to Cozumel's time.  Is this something that is the norm?  Don't worry, I will make sure before we leave the ship; however, I just was wondering if anyone has any experience with this? 

45 minutes ago, tartana said:

I've never been on a ship where the ship time did not become the port time when docked.  I have been reading about the possibility of ships keeping their own time and not changing to Cozumel's time.  Is this something that is the norm?  Don't worry, I will make sure before we leave the ship; however, I just was wondering if anyone has any experience with this? 

Yes it happens regularly and can even change from week to week on the same ship. Just keep a regular watch with you or don’t let your phone do automatic updates. A lot depends on where your ship leaves from and season.

Cozumel is on EST year round.

Ship time is up to the Captain.   Most ships stay on the same time has the initial embarkation. Cahnges do occur if warranted.  For example, an overnight stay at a port.

Cozumel is on Eastern Standard Time year round.   Will not adjust in mid March like the US.  So time will be the same as Central Daylight Savings time in New Orleans or Galveston.  Best to keep watch on ship time unless told differently via an announcement.