If I buy a bottle of Malibu Rum for room?

vcop

My husband & I are not big drinkers. I had gastric sleeve surgery a year ago so usually one could strong drink is all I can handle. Everything hits a lot faster after this surgery. I was wondering what if I buy a bottle of Malibu Rum for the room & don`t drink it all. Could I give the rest to the cabin steward? Since all of the new rules about snacks & candy I didn`t know if possible. He might not even want it. Just thinking out loud. Could I get a strong drink made at the bar? This might be cheaper anyway. Thanks!

They're not allowed to accept homemade food/drink items, so I doubt they can accept open food/drinks. If I was in their shoes, I definitely wouldn't for safety reasons.

You can ask the bartenders to make your drink as a double and it's usually a little bit cheaper compared to having 2 drinks.

When heading up for the night, I always go to my main bartender and get a "Double" on the rocks,

Normally enough to make at least 3 drinks back at the cabin with my coke I brought.

Like to have a few sitting out on the balcony before bed.

• Like 1

we generally get a drink to "go", back to the room.  There is a new rule, about giving opened packages (bottles, what have you), that they are not allowed to accept.  Now, will a steward be willing to sneak a half finished bottle back?  Maybe, and of course, it's up to them and their tolerance for the rules.  I know you mean well, but once you leave the bottle, it's not your decision anyway as to what happens with it.  So you can discuss this with the steward, or just leave it 

3 hours ago, ShakyBeef said:

Definitely one strong drink per day from the bar will be cheaper than a litre bottle of Malibu at Carnival's price of $135 (plus delivery fee), assuming we're talking about a week-long cruise.

I second this.  The price of bottles delivered to your room is so high now, that if you aren't planning on drinking the entire bottle, it's probably cheaper to buy individual drinks from the bar.

3 hours ago, thesmiths said:

When heading up for the night, I always go to my main bartender and get a "Double" on the rocks,

Normally enough to make at least 3 drinks back at the cabin with my coke I brought.

Like to have a few sitting out on the balcony before bed.

How much is a double now days?