How does Princess get away with boasting "Best WiFi at Sea"?

Mini BMG

1 minute ago, PatchesTN101 said:

We sailed to Antartica this year from Ushuaia, Argentina across the Drake Passage on a Viking Expedition ship and never lost internet capability. We were in very rough seas in the Drake but we could still connect. We could do wifi calling, emails, get on any website we needed to for work or otherwise for the entire time we were in Antartica, over a week. Viking uses Starlink on these ships and it works great! I agree, if Princess is going to make the claim they have the best Wifi at sea, its time to make a change. We have also sailed Princess two years ago to Alaska and the wifi was terrible. 

Princess now uses Starlink and the wifi in Antarctica this season was very good.  This is a very old thread.  A lot has changed.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, PatchesTN101 said:

We sailed to Antartica this year from Ushuaia, Argentina across the Drake Passage on a Viking Expedition ship and never lost internet capability. We were in very rough seas in the Drake but we could still connect. We could do wifi calling, emails, get on any website we needed to for work or otherwise for the entire time we were in Antartica, over a week. Viking uses Starlink on these ships and it works great! I agree, if Princess is going to make the claim they have the best Wifi at sea, it’s time to make a change. We have also sailed Princess two years ago to Alaska and the wifi was terrible. 

Yes, this is definitely an old thread. I believe the entire Princess fleet is now on Starlink. We were just on the Sapphire Princess for 30 days cruising to various SA ports, to include 4 days around the Antarctica Peninsula and visiting Iceberg A23a, all the while posting to my Live From thread (see below signature area). FWIW we had excellent internet service via Starlink the entire cruise and if you are interested, I posted snapshots at the end of most days depicting the upload/download speeds at that moment in time. The best part is the daily price for that service is quite reasonable when compared to what most other cruise lines charge.

Edited by Ken the cruiser